Solved

Can a Corsair CX430M psu support an EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB gpu?

So basically what the title says. Im planning on getting either the MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127722
or the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
but recently ive been thinking about getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB instead (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910
the only problem is that i dont think my Corsair CX430M psu will be able to power it. So i need to know if it will be able to. Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!
P.S. Which of the three cards is the best performing?

SPECS
---------
NZXT Source 210 case
AMD A10 6800k apu
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard
8gb G. Skills Ripjaws X 1866mhz RAM
1TB 7200rpm HDD
LG 24x optical drive
Corsair CX430M psu
Windows 8 64-bit OS
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair cx430m psu support evga geforce gtx 650 boost superclocked 2gb gpu
  1. Best answer
    DarkDubzs said:
    So basically what the title says. Im planning on getting either the MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127722
    or the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
    but recently ive been thinking about getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB instead (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910
    the only problem is that i dont think my Corsair CX430M psu will be able to power it. So i need to know if it will be able to. Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!
    P.S. Which of the three cards is the best performing?

    SPECS
    ---------
    NZXT Source 210 case
    AMD A10 6800k apu
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard
    8gb G. Skills Ripjaws X 1866mhz RAM
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    LG 24x optical drive
    Corsair CX430M psu
    Windows 8 64-bit OS


    MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB is the best card of the 3 by a lot. Get that one. Your PSU should be fine but you could do with at least a 500watt PSU. You can check at http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

    It's not super accurate or anything but at least you'll get a ball-park.
  2. anthony8989 said:
    DarkDubzs said:
    So basically what the title says. Im planning on getting either the MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127722
    or the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
    but recently ive been thinking about getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB instead (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910
    the only problem is that i dont think my Corsair CX430M psu will be able to power it. So i need to know if it will be able to. Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!
    P.S. Which of the three cards is the best performing?

    SPECS
    ---------
    NZXT Source 210 case
    AMD A10 6800k apu
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard
    8gb G. Skills Ripjaws X 1866mhz RAM
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    LG 24x optical drive
    Corsair CX430M psu
    Windows 8 64-bit OS


    MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB is the best card of the 3 by a lot. Get that one. Your PSU should be fine but you could do with at least a 500watt PSU. You can check at http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

    It's not super accurate or anything but at least you'll get a ball-park.


    Not even the 650 Ti Boost SuperClocked is the best? I thought the 650 Ti Boost would be the best

    Thanks for that link by the way its really helpful
  3. DarkDubzs said:
    anthony8989 said:
    DarkDubzs said:
    So basically what the title says. Im planning on getting either the MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127722
    or the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
    but recently ive been thinking about getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB instead (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910
    the only problem is that i dont think my Corsair CX430M psu will be able to power it. So i need to know if it will be able to. Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!
    P.S. Which of the three cards is the best performing?

    SPECS
    ---------
    NZXT Source 210 case
    AMD A10 6800k apu
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard
    8gb G. Skills Ripjaws X 1866mhz RAM
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    LG 24x optical drive
    Corsair CX430M psu
    Windows 8 64-bit OS


    MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB is the best card of the 3 by a lot. Get that one. Your PSU should be fine but you could do with at least a 500watt PSU. You can check at http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

    It's not super accurate or anything but at least you'll get a ball-park.


    Not even the 650 Ti Boost SuperClocked is the best? I thought the 650 Ti Boost would be the best

    Thanks for that link by the way its really helpful


    No problem. Yeah the GTX 650 TiB is around the same performance as an HD 7850. The HD 7870 competes with the GTX 660.
  4. anthony8989 said:
    DarkDubzs said:
    anthony8989 said:
    DarkDubzs said:
    So basically what the title says. Im planning on getting either the MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127722
    or the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
    but recently ive been thinking about getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB instead (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910
    the only problem is that i dont think my Corsair CX430M psu will be able to power it. So i need to know if it will be able to. Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!
    P.S. Which of the three cards is the best performing?

    SPECS
    ---------
    NZXT Source 210 case
    AMD A10 6800k apu
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard
    8gb G. Skills Ripjaws X 1866mhz RAM
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    LG 24x optical drive
    Corsair CX430M psu
    Windows 8 64-bit OS


    MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB is the best card of the 3 by a lot. Get that one. Your PSU should be fine but you could do with at least a 500watt PSU. You can check at http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

    It's not super accurate or anything but at least you'll get a ball-park.


    Not even the 650 Ti Boost SuperClocked is the best? I thought the 650 Ti Boost would be the best

    Thanks for that link by the way its really helpful


    No problem. Yeah the GTX 650 TiB is around the same performance as an HD 7850. The HD 7870 competes with the GTX 660.


    Are you sure my 430 watt psu can support the HD 7870? Using that link you gave me says i would be using 451 watts with it and all my other components
  5. Truthfully if I were you, I'd get a 500 watt PSU for like $80 or less if you're set on the 7870 GhZ Ed, because that card is very power hungry. Practically any Antec or Corsair for around that price will do just fine and you might even get it with a rebate. Just make sure it has the right amount of connectors for the card and anything else you have in your PC .

    Although if you did go with the GTX 650 TiB, you wouldn't have to upgrade the PSU . The GeForce card can run on your 430 watt PSU and can max out 98% of the current games at 1080p . The 7870 is faster and will better future proof you , especially if you get a 1440p monitor eventually.

    It's essentially down to this : Upgrade the PSU and go with an HD 7870 GhZ Ed. and max out every game at 1080p ~60 FPS; Or Save yourself ~$80 and get a GTX 650 TiB and max out 98% of games at 1080p 35+ FPS.
  6. anthony8989 said:
    Truthfully if I were you, I'd get a 500 watt PSU for like $80 or less if you're set on the 7870 GhZ Ed, because that card is very power hungry. Practically any Antec or Corsair for around that price will do just fine and you might even get it with a rebate. Just make sure it has the right amount of connectors for the card and anything else you have in your PC .

    Although if you did go with the GTX 650 TiB, you wouldn't have to upgrade the PSU . The GeForce card can run on your 430 watt PSU and can max out 98% of the current games at 1080p . The 7870 is faster and will better future proof you , especially if you get a 1440p monitor eventually.

    It's essentially down to this : Upgrade the PSU and go with an HD 7870 GhZ Ed. and max out every game at 1080p ~60 FPS; Or Save yourself ~$80 and get a GTX 650 TiB and max out 98% of games at 1080p 35+ FPS.



    Thanks for replying, but ive already decided on the 7870. A lot of people say that my CX430M can support it. I found out that the card manufactures always overcompensate and list a much higher wattage draw than it really will just incase and because cheaper psu's usually dont have the right wattage output. I also found out that they base the wattage draw on an Intel i7 based pc, and since i only have an amd a10 6800k, intel equivalent of an mid i3 to mid i5, so my wattage draw will be much lower and i should be able to power the 7870. Also, i found out that the Amps are what matter more and my psu has way more than is needed from the 7870. Even though my psu only has one PCI-E connector, the 7870 comes with molex to 6 pin PCI-E adapters so ill be set as far as power and connections go.
Ask a new question

Read More

EVGA Geforce Support Corsair Graphics Gtx GPUs Boost