Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Triple Monitor Display - Question

Tags:
  • Monitors
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 29, 2013 11:27:00 PM

Hello guys, I just signed up to this forum so forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong section.

Well, straight to the point. I have a single Gigabyte Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 3GB currently supporting an Ultra Wide display monitor of a resolution of 2560x1080. Now, this graphic card only has a DVI and HDMI output. I was wondering if I could run three monitors with a single graphic card. The main monitor is connected to the DVI Output. I'm planning on connecting a second 20" monitor to the HDMI Output and a third 20" monitor on the OnBoard HDMI Output. Is this possible by any chance? Will the OnBoard drivers and GPU drivers interfere?

Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 3GB
CPU: i7 3770k
RAM: 32 GB

NOTE: I won't be running video games on all three monitors, just on my main. The two small 20" monitors will be running other side programs such as iTunes, TeamSpeak, Internet Browser, etc. On a side note, I don't mind if I get low FPS since I will be buying a second graphic card 7950 in the future but not just yet.

Help me clear this doubt before I make a purchase on both 20" monitor. Will be much appreciated.


Thanks in advance
SomeTech

More about : triple monitor display question

a b C Monitor
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2013 11:38:21 PM

If it only has 2 outputs it won't work as you need one output PER monitor.
m
0
l
July 29, 2013 11:55:07 PM

Shadowblade2652 said:
If it only has 2 outputs it won't work as you need one output PER monitor.


Thanks for your answer.

Are you completely sure though? I repair commercial totems which are three monitors and a computer all in one chassis. To my understanding, they are pretty much like normal computers with one single video card. One of the monitors is connected to the Motherboard and the other two monitors connected directly to the two outputs on that one single video card.

If it's not possible, what would be the best way for triple monitors on my setup? Is a PCI-E card the easiest and cheapest way to go or is there another way around?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2013 11:58:38 PM

Buy a card that you can confirm has 3 outputs. Then you could use adapters to hook em all up to each port and boom, use eyefinity or Nvidia's program (forget the name) and you should be set :) 
Share
July 30, 2013 12:22:18 AM

Shadowblade2652 said:
Buy a card that you can confirm has 3 outputs. Then you could use adapters to hook em all up to each port and boom, use eyefinity or Nvidia's program (forget the name) and you should be set :) 


Awesome. So I just confirmed my video card support Eyefinity Display. Will a straight HDMI to DVI cable work (something like this CLICK HERE FOR LINK) or is a converter going to be necessary? (something like this CLICK HERE FOR LINK) Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to be completely sure before I spend money on it.

Other forumers feel free to leave a suggestion.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2013 12:24:09 AM

SomeTech said:
Shadowblade2652 said:
Buy a card that you can confirm has 3 outputs. Then you could use adapters to hook em all up to each port and boom, use eyefinity or Nvidia's program (forget the name) and you should be set :) 


Awesome. So I just confirmed my video card support Eyefinity Display. Will a straight HDMI to DVI cable work (something like this CLICK HERE FOR LINK) or is a converter going to be necessary? (something like this CLICK HERE FOR LINK) Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to be completely sure before I spend money on it.

Other forumers feel free to leave a suggestion.


just a basic adapter should work fine, so long as the card detects that it's transmitting signal you'll be fine.
m
0
l
!