Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Build: $800 - 1000 Australian Build Advice

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 30, 2013 12:21:52 AM

Hi all there are the details using the guide provided:

If there are any errors of more information needed let me know.

Note: I know the date for this planned build is a while away but I need to get ideas and advice on what to do. Even if it just ideas that is good enough, I cant afford to leave it to the last minute.
Approximate Purchase Date: Approximately around November – December 2013

Budget Range: 800 – 1000 Australian Dollars

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching HD movies, Downloading, Surfing internet.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Not sure what this means… sorry

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Umart
http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2
Note: Do NOT use PC Case Gear, they are much more expensive plus I would need to ship and so on.
The site can be frustrating to use to let you know.

Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, Motherboard is preferably ASUS, Asrock or Gigabyte. Don’t mind for others as long as they are trustworthy and do not break in the first month.
Overclocking: Yes if the price is enough

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1440x900

Additional Comments: Would like a window if possible. If fans help then I can get some, however I’m not sure if they will depending on what parts I get and if they require cooling.
No water cooling.
Already have the following parts:
2 HDDS
2 Optical Drives
Copy of Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 depending on what I would like. I’m not sure if I should go to Windows 8 since I’m gaming. I plan to do some research, but advice on this would also be appreciated.
Mouse, keyboard and Monitor.
Most intensive game I might be playing is Arma 3/Dayz. They are the most intensive others won’t be much of a problem.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old one broke. That one used Intel 2 Quad Core so I can’t use some parts.

Many Thanks
July 30, 2013 6:35:56 PM

Ive assumed that you don't plan on overclocking:


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.00 @ Scorptec)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($112.26 @ PLE Computers)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($299.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Antec One Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $799.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-31 11:35 EST+1000)

If you do plan to overclock:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.00 @ Scorptec)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($112.26 @ PLE Computers)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($299.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Antec One Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $888.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-31 11:36 EST+1000)

also things are more expensive than I thought in australia :/ 
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 7:29:52 PM

ps3hacker12 said:
Ive assumed that you don't plan on overclocking:


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.00 @ Scorptec)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($112.26 @ PLE Computers)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($299.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Antec One Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $799.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-31 11:35 EST+1000)

If you do plan to overclock:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.00 @ Scorptec)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($112.26 @ PLE Computers)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($299.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Antec One Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $888.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-31 11:36 EST+1000)

also things are more expensive than I thought in australia :/ 


That RAM is an off brand and is not known for high quality units. Get Corsair or G.Skill instead, even if they are a bit more.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 31, 2013 5:55:01 AM

g-unit1111 said:
That RAM is an off brand and is not known for high quality units. Get Corsair or G.Skill instead, even if they are a bit more.


Where I live its a high end brand, I personally have some ram from them in my secondary system based off this review:
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/memory/avexir_mpower...

and that rig has been going like a beast for 6 months now :)  thats why I put it there.

Although the brand name may seem new, the company is used to OEM for may international big brand names like OCZ, Geil, Muhskin and so on.

The teams of company are also have more than 15 years experience for Dram in the industry.
Share
July 31, 2013 10:28:52 AM

ps3hacker12 said:
g-unit1111 said:
That RAM is an off brand and is not known for high quality units. Get Corsair or G.Skill instead, even if they are a bit more.


Where I live its a high end brand, I personally have some ram from them in my secondary system based off this review:
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/memory/avexir_mpower...

and that rig has been going like a beast for 6 months now :)  thats why I put it there.

Although the brand name may seem new, the company is used to OEM for may international big brand names like OCZ, Geil, Muhskin and so on.

The teams of company are also have more than 15 years experience for Dram in the industry.


Ok that's interesting, I did not know that. I generally pick the much more known brands - Corsair, Mushkin, G.Skill, and so on.
m
0
l
!