Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

is this a good build for for a 1600x900 resolution gaming rig

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
Share
July 30, 2013 3:19:00 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Performance ATX LGA 1150 Motherboard ($112.86 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
ram: 8 gb 1600mhz (corsair)
storage: 2x500gb hdd
Total: $792.83
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 06:15 EDT-0400)

i will buy the parts on the 1st of august. any input/critique is appreciated.

my budget is 700~800 $.
July 30, 2013 3:24:51 AM

instead of 2 500gb hdd get 1 1tb hdd it would be cheaper
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 3:41:16 AM

Don't get 2x 500GB, instead get 1x 1TB HDD.
Get the K (unlocked) version of the i5-4670 because one day you might want to OC so it's worth the extra $20

Lastly, get an aftermarket CPU cooler as well.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 30, 2013 3:44:24 AM

Only 1600x900 resolution monitor for GeForce GTX 770 ?? For gaming at 1600x900 you don't need such a high end card, a GTX650Ti is more than sufficient . You should get at least a 1080p monitor or higher which is more recommended.
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 3:44:33 AM

sorry repeat
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 4:26:32 AM

770 by MSI is better. Avoid Gigabyte
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 4:32:34 AM

abgaut said:
770 by MSI is better. Avoid Gigabyte


Generally I would also go for MSI but in the cases of possible overclocking Gigabyte just deals better with the heat.
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 11:18:21 PM

JavaSun said:
Don't get 2x 500GB, instead get 1x 1TB HDD.
Get the K (unlocked) version of the i5-4670 because one day you might want to OC so it's worth the extra $20

Lastly, get an aftermarket CPU cooler as well.

the hdd and ram i already have from past builds. i don't think i'll ever overclock so i chose to save money by going with a non k processor and H87 motherboard and the stock cpu cooler.
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 11:20:37 PM

spp85 said:
Only 1600x900 resolution monitor for GeForce GTX 770 ?? For gaming at 1600x900 you don't need such a high end card, a GTX650Ti is more than sufficient . You should get at least a 1080p monitor or higher which is more recommended.


so would the 760 be better? what if i decide to upgrade to 1080p? maybe ill go sli 760 in the future. would it still be a good upgrade from a 7770 ?
m
0
l
July 30, 2013 11:22:00 PM

JavaSun said:
abgaut said:
770 by MSI is better. Avoid Gigabyte


Generally I would also go for MSI but in the cases of possible overclocking Gigabyte just deals better with the heat.


if they are both good, i will just go for the one which is cheaper .
m
0
l
August 1, 2013 8:51:32 AM

I recommend using a 760, it will be a big upgrade from the 7770 and one day you can SLI it. Make sure you have 2-way SLI ready MoBo (your current one is not 2-way SLI ready)
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 2:14:21 AM

JavaSun said:
I recommend using a 760, it will be a big upgrade from the 7770 and one day you can SLI it. Make sure you have 2-way SLI ready MoBo (your current one is not 2-way SLI ready)


so could you recommend a sli ready h87 mobo?
m
0
l

Best solution

August 2, 2013 5:22:43 PM

Rafeed Iqbal said:
JavaSun said:
I recommend using a 760, it will be a big upgrade from the 7770 and one day you can SLI it. Make sure you have 2-way SLI ready MoBo (your current one is not 2-way SLI ready)


so could you recommend a sli ready h87 mobo?


No because H87 MoBos are designed for Crossfire, AMD equivalent of SLI
Share
!