Solved

Overclocking Intel atom N2600?

Is there a way to overclock intel atom n2600, because I really want speeds like 1.8ghz on my netbook.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking intel atom n2600
  1. i really doubt you will have any overclocking options in your bios, but you may be able to find an unlocked bios at a place like biosmods or similar. there are risks involved though so be carefull what you do. research first flash later
  2. Thanks for your answer, but aren't there any programs that can overclock the netbook? Also, if you want to know the laptop i'm talking about, it is an asus x101ch
  3. Clockgen is a good software option for over clocking laptops / PC's etc. I don't know if anyone has managed to use it on the atom based netbooks - but in theory it should work....
  4. Even in 1.8Ghz Atom won't make much a difference. Plus there is not such option on a NETBOOK.
  5. Maxime506 said:
    Even in 1.8Ghz Atom won't make much a difference. Plus there is not such option on a NETBOOK.


    You know, the only reason why I said 1.8 ghz was to show an example of what I wanted, not really what I wanted. Plus, 1.6 to 1.8 is actually a suitable difference even if I did want to choose 1.8 ghz.
  6. ulysses35 said:
    Clockgen is a good software option for over clocking laptops / PC's etc. I don't know if anyone has managed to use it on the atom based netbooks - but in theory it should work....


    I ought to try that :)
  7. Best answer
    Only if the CPU like ivb pentium/celeron/i3... could make a difference. Atom is weak, not only on architecture but also on design. Its performance result is just like an old, archaic AMD dual-core CPU, so the slightly 200mhz "improvement" won't make much a difference.

    And, since it's a netbook, there is no way for OC. Even if u succeed, the additional heat may shorten the netbook's life. It's better to do some optimization if u feel it too slow for ya.
  8. Maxime506 said:
    Only if the CPU like ivb pentium/celeron/i3... could make a difference. Atom is weak, not only on architecture but also on design. Its performance result is just like an old, archaic AMD dual-core CPU, so the slightly 200mhz "improvement" won't make much a difference.

    And, since it's a netbook, there is no way for OC. Even if u succeed, the additional heat may shorten the netbook's life. It's better to do some optimization if u feel it too slow for ya.


    Ok, now I get your point. But I might aswell give it a try, albeit it not making a huge difference, it could make a tiny improvement, which could make me feel happier when the netbook starts crashing ;)
  9. Hello dadenz5, I'm curious how this worked out for you. I have much the same motivation; I'd like to see how fast I can make this old Hyundai Accent of a netbook of mine go, even if it involves cracking the engine block somewhere down the road. I've played with the memory to speed it up myself. My next project was to have been altering the OS a bit to take advantage of the last gig on a 4Gb card, but this sounds more interesting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Intel Netbooks