Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a 800$ and 1000$ build

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 30, 2013 9:16:53 AM


Approximate Purchase Date: Eh. I'd say this week.

Budget Range: This might be asking for a lot, but could I have a 800$ build and a 1000$ build. (Preferably in M-ITX, before M-ATX format) After Rebates; Before Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Minecraft with extreme graphics mod, (I won't actually play Crysis 3, as I refuse to support EA, but if it can play that it can practically play anything)

Are you buying a monitor: Not in this price point, but if you want to recommend some...

Parts to Upgrade: New build, so everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, Windows 8 64 Bit or 64 Bit Pro version

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon, newegg, ncix, microcenter in store if its a large enough chunk of the system to warrant going to Virginia.

Location: Mid. North Carolina

Parts Preferences: I'm not afraid of AMD or older Intel parts, other than that I just want quality parts.

Overclocking: Yes, but not essential.

SLI or Crossfire: Only in dual GPU single card format

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 or 2048x1536 Now, triple monitors later.

Additional Comments: I'm not a big storage user, 100Gb should be sufficient. I would like to have a SSD, and enough RAM for a RAMdisk capable of holding one AAA game. 80+ Gold or Better modular power supply desired. And matching colors/color schemes is appreciated.

Cases:
Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3, (M-ATX)
Silverstone SG05, (M-ITX) (I'll do the PSU mod for ATX PSU's, but then it requires Water Cooling)
If you find some other than that I like simple and black, no windows.

More about : 800 1000 build

July 30, 2013 9:57:34 AM

Here's a $1000 build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mkvC

Here's an $800
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mkwD

You can change out for an SSD if you want, but you'll be sacraficing performance from the GPU since you'll have to downgrade on it, unless your ok with spending an extra $50 for that. If you bump up the price by $100 for both builds and remove the 1TB drive, it would give you enough play to go up to 16Gigs of ram, and put in a Samsung 840 120Gig SSD

It would look something like this on the $1000 build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mkBx
Or this for the $800
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mkCJ
July 30, 2013 10:27:50 AM

This is what I would do for a $1K mITX build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X40 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($265.66 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1033.57
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 13:27 EDT-0400)

$800 build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H87M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($110.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($265.66 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $868.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 13:27 EDT-0400)
Related resources
July 30, 2013 11:30:43 AM

800 Dollars :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H87M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($166.10 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $833.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 14:35 EDT-0400)


1000 Dollars :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H87M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($298.50 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1006.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 14:32 EDT-0400)

Please, do not go for the build which you selected as the best answer. The graphics card is quite weak. I mean a 650 Ti is in no way comparable to a 7870. In a similar way a 760 is not comparable to a 7970. So do not get that build.

I hope this helps. Is there anything else I can do for you? I would be happy to help :) 
July 30, 2013 11:40:07 AM

Additional Comments: I'm not a big storage user, 100Gb should be sufficient. I would like to have a SSD, and enough RAM for a RAMdisk capable of holding one AAA game. 80+ Gold or Better modular power supply desired. And matching colors/color schemes is appreciated. said:
Additional Comments: I'm not a big storage user, 100Gb should be sufficient. I would like to have a SSD, and enough RAM for a RAMdisk capable of holding one AAA game. 80+ Gold or Better modular power supply desired. And matching colors/color schemes is appreciated.


I am sorry man.. but SSD with 80 Plus Gold PSU is too much for this budget. I mean you can definitely fit these in your budget but then you would have to compromise with the graphics performance and a gaming rig should be good in gaming, shouln't it? Hence drop the SSD for now and stick with a good quality 80+ Bronze PSU from XFX which should be more than enough for this build.

I hope this helps.
July 30, 2013 12:14:00 PM

Sangeet Khatri said:
I am sorry man.. but SSD with 80 Plus Gold PSU is too much for this budget. I mean you can definitely fit these in your budget but then you would have to compromise with the graphics performance and a gaming rig should be good in gaming, shouln't it? Hence drop the SSD for now and stick with a good quality 80+ Bronze PSU from XFX which should be more than enough for this build.

I hope this helps.


Yeah I agree. There's not much difference between Gold, Silver, and Bronze in terms of energy efficiency. As long as you get a bronze PSU you're fine. If you want an SSD Newegg has the OCZ Vector right now for less than $100.
July 30, 2013 2:11:58 PM

Here's what I just came up with,
800$
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($203.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $813.65
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:10 EDT-0400)

1000$
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($388.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1036.65
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:21 EDT-0400)

Just a smudge over, but I feel like these are solid builds.
July 30, 2013 2:38:06 PM

Sangeet Khatri said:
Additional Comments: I'm not a big storage user, 100Gb should be sufficient. I would like to have a SSD, and enough RAM for a RAMdisk capable of holding one AAA game. 80+ Gold or Better modular power supply desired. And matching colors/color schemes is appreciated.[/msgquoted said:


I am sorry man.. but SSD with 80 Plus Gold PSU is too much for this budget. I mean you can definitely fit these in your budget but then you would have to compromise with the graphics performance and a gaming rig should be good in gaming, shouln't it? Hence drop the SSD for now and stick with a good quality 80+ Bronze PSU from XFX which should be more than enough for this build.

I hope this helps.]Additional Comments: I'm not a big storage user, 100Gb should be sufficient. I would like to have a SSD, and enough RAM for a RAMdisk capable of holding one AAA game. 80+ Gold or Better modular power supply desired. And matching colors/color schemes is appreciated.


I am sorry man.. but SSD with 80 Plus Gold PSU is too much for this budget. I mean you can definitely fit these in your budget but then you would have to compromise with the graphics performance and a gaming rig should be good in gaming, shouln't it? Hence drop the SSD for now and stick with a good quality 80+ Bronze PSU from XFX which should be more than enough for this build.

I hope this helps.

Or even this one, but I feel like it would only be better in crysis 3.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($298.50 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1016.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:42 EDT-0400)
July 30, 2013 3:24:39 PM

Shawna593767 said:

Or even this one, but I feel like it would only be better in crysis 3.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($298.50 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1016.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:42 EDT-0400)


No an i7 isn't worth purchasing for a gaming rig. The difference in performance is not enough to justify the extra $100 in cost. For gaming you'd be better putting that money in your GPU. There's also better SSDs on the market than that Kingston drive. But you also will need a mass storage drive for gaming - 120GB won't get you very far these days.
July 30, 2013 7:27:46 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Shawna593767 said:

Or even this one, but I feel like it would only be better in crysis 3.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($298.50 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1016.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:42 EDT-0400)


No an i7 isn't worth purchasing for a gaming rig. The difference in performance is not enough to justify the extra $100 in cost. For gaming you'd be better putting that money in your GPU. There's also better SSDs on the market than that Kingston drive. But you also will need a mass storage drive for gaming - 120GB won't get you very far these days.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($388.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1048.63
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 22:27 EDT-0400)
July 31, 2013 2:28:56 AM

Shawna593767 said:
g-unit1111 said:
Shawna593767 said:

Or even this one, but I feel like it would only be better in crysis 3.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($298.50 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1016.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 17:42 EDT-0400)


No an i7 isn't worth purchasing for a gaming rig. The difference in performance is not enough to justify the extra $100 in cost. For gaming you'd be better putting that money in your GPU. There's also better SSDs on the market than that Kingston drive. But you also will need a mass storage drive for gaming - 120GB won't get you very far these days.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($388.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1048.63
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-30 22:27 EDT-0400)


The 64GB SSD is going to make things worse. It would be filled up pretty soon since Windows 8 itself requires like 30GB on install. So then you have like only 33-34 GB left for everything else and that would make things worse. So get atleast a 128GB SSD or get none.

Also, change that PSU to a XFX or a Seasonic one.

Since he is not going to overclock the 4670 + H87 would provide better performance for lesser price.

Fractal design core 1000 is a good case but it is not as small as the Prodigy which is what should be what he needs, something really small like the Prodigy. You know what I mean..

Change that Zotac card to a EVGA one, which is a better brand and has much better support. For such an expensive card, Zotac is not at all recommended by me.
July 31, 2013 2:57:23 AM

Also 1 stick of 8 gig memory doesn't utilize dual channel. You're going to have to sacrifice something either money or how good you want your build to be. Why do you need a gold standard PSU? Bronze is sufficient enough. 3570 and 4670 only real differences is how much power it consumes.

Also harddrive space you'll need more than 100...
!