Solved

ZALMAN Heat Sink - Is it good?

I'm considering buying this CPU cooling system and I have only read good reviews on it. Some even claim that it lowers their CPU temp by about 40 degrees! I was hoping that there were some knowledgeable ZALMAN owners here who could give me some more insight on this product.

Link to this product: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118003
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about zalman heat sink good
  1. Some even claim that it lowers their CPU temp by about 40 degrees < NOT TRUE

    It's decent but not that good.
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Some even claim that it lowers their CPU temp by about 40 degrees < NOT TRUE

    It's decent but not that good.


    Lol thanks again Blackbird! Do you have any recommendations for the Intel i7 4770K that I'll be OC'ing? :)
  3. What case do you have?
  4. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    What case do you have?


    Rosewill Challenger Black Mid Tower
  5. COOLER MASTER Seidon 120M is a better option.
  6. slomo4sho said:
    COOLER MASTER Seidon 120M is a better option.


    Is that strictly for liquid/water cooling like it says on Newegg?
  7. It's a water cooler.
  8. PRNDerek said:
    Is that strictly for liquid/water cooling like it says on Newegg?



    It is a self-contained water cooler that has a maintenance free 2 year guarantee. The installation is equivalent to installing a case fan and a heat sink. Checkout through the Newegg mobile site or App and checkout with Google Wallet and use the code "Wallet" to pick it up for $10 after rebate.


    I also own the ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX and this cooler performs better than it. The CNPS9900MAX is superior to the CNPS9500.
  9. Best answer
    If your not doing any crazy overclocking the Zalman is a good choice.
  10. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    If your not doing any crazy overclocking the Zalman is a good choice.


    I probably won't need to considering I'll be mostly live streaming with it so I think you're right and I should still go with the Zalman. Thanks again.
  11. slomo4sho said:
    PRNDerek said:
    Is that strictly for liquid/water cooling like it says on Newegg?



    It is a self-contained water cooler that has a maintenance free 2 year guarantee. The installation is equivalent to installing a case fan and a heat sink. Checkout through the Newegg mobile site or App and checkout with Google Wallet and use the code "Wallet" to pick it up for $10 after rebate.


    I also own the ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX and this cooler performs better than it. The CNPS9900MAX is superior to the CNPS9500.



    Thank you for your reply!! :)
  12. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    If your not doing any crazy overclocking the Zalman is a good choice.


    Yet the Cooler Master is still the better value if you actually submit the rebate :)
  13. Yes it's a good price I agree.
  14. For an air cooler, the ZALMAN CNPS10X OPTIMA is a better option. It preforms better and is cheaper than the OPs choice.

    Here is a review:

    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2658
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Heat Zalman CPUs Cooling Components Heatsinks