Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Does anybody know how to rename audio codecs on a pc?

Last response: in Applications
Share
July 31, 2013 12:01:25 AM

I put off trying to solve this issue months ago, but since all the interfaces that I plug into my pc all read as "AUDIO CODEC", I usually have to click through every option to find the correct in/out sound source. If there were a way to rename each of my 10 AUDIO CODECS, it would save me tons of energy that I could be using to actually use them.

More about : rename audio codecs

July 31, 2013 12:48:02 AM

Load RegEdit as Administrator and search for "AUDIO CODEC", try doing a find/replace, then restart normally.
m
0
l
July 31, 2013 7:58:35 PM

Tabris DarkPeace said:
Load RegEdit as Administrator and search for "AUDIO CODEC", try doing a find/replace, then restart normally.


I got into RegEdit, seached for my speakers, found them, tried to modify the title, but it gave an error reading :"error writing the value's new contents." Is there something that could be recommended to surpass this hurdle?
m
0
l
Related resources
July 31, 2013 10:59:07 PM

as Administrator?
m
0
l
August 1, 2013 11:18:10 AM

Tabris DarkPeace said:
as Administrator?


yes
m
0
l
August 1, 2013 12:00:14 PM

Some of the keys in the Registry are owned by the System, so one has to give the Administrator right over them.
Right-click a Key name (on the left side), click Permissions, give yourself the rights.
m
0
l
August 27, 2013 3:15:36 AM

I think Mr. Alabalcho Give the correct answer. Because by this you fixed your problem.
m
0
l
August 30, 2013 4:15:10 AM

Jon Hutson said:
I put off trying to solve this issue months ago, but since all the interfaces that I plug into my pc all read as "AUDIO CODEC", I usually have to click through every option to find the correct in/out sound source. If there were a way to rename each of my 10 AUDIO CODECS, it would save me tons of energy that I could be using to actually use them.

Hello Jon Hutson ! I know some site that solve this types of issue.If you want then visit it audio codecs

m
0
l
October 18, 2013 10:27:57 PM

Can Any One give me some advice about the ADAU1772, Because i can't get more information. about it. Thanks
m
0
l

Best solution

October 19, 2013 3:32:54 PM

mountcarlo said:
Can Any One give me some advice about the ADAU1772, Because i can't get more information. about it. Thanks

Data sheets are freely available on Analog site
http://www.analog.com/en/audiovideo-products/audio-sign...
What else you need?

p.p. It's considered bad etiquette to hi-jack a thread...
Share
November 20, 2013 1:32:45 AM

Hi Alabalcho ! I have got my answer, Thanks for this data sheet.
m
0
l
!