1000-1200€ living room gaming PC

jogibaer92

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I'm working on my new gaming Pc right now and I already got a list that I think would work out, I only got a few questions towards it, would be very thankful for any help!
CPU: Intel i5-4670K boxed 205€
Mobo: Gigabyte GA Z87-N-Wifi 125€
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Windforce 3xOC 240 €
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 70 €
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black 70 €
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB 56€
SDD: Samsung 840 120GB 85€
BDROM: LiteON iHOS104-06 Bulk 38€
PSU: Silverstone ST50F-P 500W 75€
964€
My concerns:
CPU: I don't plan on OC right now, but i want to have the possibility to do so in near future, thats why I've changed from 4570 to 4670k. Should I rather go with a 3xxx series, or is there no reason not to go with haswell? prices aren't much higher anyway.
Mobo: Is that Mobo a good choice? Does it really have all the ports I'm going to need? I've read the Asrock z87-E itx would be better, but is it worth the extra 35 €?
GPU: As I'm building my first PC, I'd love to be able to play new games as BF4 on the highest settings, is the gtx 760 strong enough to do that on a 1920x1080 HDTV? Should i rather go with the 770?
BDROM: looked for a cheap BDROM, this one has the necessary software too as i heard that this is a thing to look for
PSU: chose the ST50F-P as it's a very small one ( 140mm) and I'm trying to put it together myself, thought I would try not to have the same problem other people had with the Bitfenix Prodigy, where PSU's would not fit. I still have concerns if 500W will be enough, especially as it only delivers 408W on the 12V rail. I don't need anything better than Bronze ratings, so if there's a good PSU with enough W that's small enough to easily fit into the Prodigy, please tell me :)
OS: I thought I'd try to find me a cheap windows 7 license, maybe under 50€, if that's not possible I'll have to spend the 80€ demanded for either W7 or W8 - if the price is the same, should I rather go with W8 as it is said to be a bit quicker, or should I stay with W7?
Budget: Of cource I'm trying to save as much as possible, but if necessary I'd rather maraud some of my savings in order to avoid problems.

Thank you all for any provided help and information!
Jo

Solution
You're fine, though if you want to OC you'll need an aftermarket cooler. Easy to add later though.

You might want a 770, but the 760 is still pretty damn fast. Not sure how well it will do in upcoming games though. You might want one with a blower-style cooler, because it helps to get the heat out faster.

One of these might do if you can get it: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 Looks pretty small. Modular is a good idea though.

W7 is good, and Home Premium and Ultimate include media center, which is an optional extra in 8. 8 is also a pain to drive.
You're fine, though if you want to OC you'll need an aftermarket cooler. Easy to add later though.

You might want a 770, but the 760 is still pretty damn fast. Not sure how well it will do in upcoming games though. You might want one with a blower-style cooler, because it helps to get the heat out faster.

One of these might do if you can get it: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 Looks pretty small. Modular is a good idea though.

W7 is good, and Home Premium and Ultimate include media center, which is an optional extra in 8. 8 is also a pain to drive.

Solution

Coadyz

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
[strike]If you were to SLI in the future you would need a better PSU like http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B008RJZQSW but its a nice build.

[strike]If your big into gaming and want to be able to run games like BF4 or ARMA III and still get excellent fps on Ultra SLI 760 would be good. It out preforms the 770 single by over 30 fps on games like Tomb Raider (Ultra) and on BioShock Infinite (Ultra) it gets over 20 more fps than the single 770. Check your self here : http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_sli_review,14.html
Thats what I plan to do anyway. Im gonna get one 760 and get another in a year or so to keep playing the more demanding games on ultra. I don't know if 2 760's will fit in that case though. :([/strike][/strike] Nevermind.

Coadyz

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Oh sorry, looked it up and you cant SLI (I think) :| You could get a 770 like someone said. im a bit of a noob... idk if you can SLI or not so ill just leave it to the experts :D

jogibaer92

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
no sli won't be possible in that case :D anyways thanks for that input!
PSU: that psu looks fine, even though i heard that the modular psu's are not the best choice for the bitfenix prodigy :/ psu is really the hardest component to choose so far :)