Solved

770SLI 2gb vs 4gb?(1920X1080,120hz)

which version should i take the 2gb or 4gb ? using 1920X1080,120hz
9
answers
Last reply
Best Answer
More about 770sli 2gb 4gb 1920x1080 120hz
  1. 2gb versions will be way enough for that resolution. Save your money.
  2. Azn Cracker said:
    2gb versions will be way enough for that resolution. Save your money.


    +1

    True, but to actually use over 2GB of memory will bring your card to its knees. With that monitor you will be running very fast so, no 4GB for you.
  3. Best answer
    GTX770 SLI to reach 120FPS in most games to benefit from your monitor. Then again, most games would run a single GTX770 at a good ~80fps. Anyway, 2GB is enough for 1080p, you also need to know that for SLI, 2x2GB GPU does not make 4GB VRAM. It will still be 2GB.
  4. Thanks guys
    but i heard skyrim in mods uses more then 2gb (or other games like crysis 3)
    so will that be a problem
  5. GagaTroll said:
    Thanks guys
    but i heard skyrim in mods uses more then 2gb (or other games like crysis 3)
    so will that be a problem


    This is a tricky one because it all depends on resolution / Game demand, as you pointed out 2 GB on a 1080p should be enough in today's market but if your a performance purest and you have the money then its your wallet bro.

    What I'd be more inclined to ask is does the GTX 770 actually have the bandwidth needed to make use of the 4 GB in the first place?

    That's a question for the forum or some research because I do know AMD seem to put more emphasis on bandwidth capability than Nvidia at the moment.
  6. Diamond-HP said:
    GagaTroll said:
    Thanks guys
    but i heard skyrim in mods uses more then 2gb (or other games like crysis 3)
    so will that be a problem


    This is a tricky one because it all depends on resolution / Game demand, as you pointed out 2 GB on a 1080p should be enough in today's market but if your a performance purest and you have the money then its your wallet bro.

    What I'd be more inclined to ask is does the GTX 770 actually have the bandwidth needed to make use of the 4 GB in the first place?

    That's a question for the forum or some research because I do know AMD seem to put more emphasis on bandwidth capability than Nvidia at the moment.


    i will research that
    thanks
    or should i just get the 780? is the extra money worth it?
  7. Depends on how good or more the bandwidth of the GTX 780 is? it may be a better card but still not have the required bandwidth.

    No, keep to what you had in mind, if 4GB is really what you want as you want to take no chances with certain games at 1080p then simply see if it has the bandwidth to utilize it.

    If it doesn't then move from there, I'd advise maybe making a thread based on that question, i.e what Nvidia card has the bandwidth to utilize 4GB.
  8. Diamond-HP said:
    Depends on how good or more the bandwidth of the GTX 780 is? it may be a better card but still not have the required bandwidth.

    No, keep to what you had in mind, if 4GB is really what you want as you want to take no chances with certain games at 1080p then simply see if it has the bandwidth to utilize it.

    If it doesn't then move from there, I'd advise maybe making a thread based on that question, i.e what Nvidia card has the bandwidth to utilize 4GB.


    bandwidths i found
    288.4GB-for the 780 3gb
    and 224.3GB-for the 2gb 770
    so which one should i go with ?
    i will open a thread for the 4gb question later
  9. I don't know how much bandwidth is required to utilize 4GB so your better off opening the thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Resolution SLI