$1500 Gaming PC from Australia

Jonathan Kuan

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Sup guys! very new to the pc building community so bare with me.

==========================
Approximate Purchase Date: Aug 2013

Budget Range: $1500 After Shipping

System Usage: Gaming > CAD > movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: staticice.com.au, pccasegear.com

Parts Preferences: No

Overclocking: (feel free to advise?)

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: (which ever is most applicable)

Additional Comments: Big fan of FPS games like BF3, Planetside 2, tf2, COD and all that good stuff and definitely looking forward for the upcoming bf4 release.

My current setup just won't cut my gaming needs as it is just a laptop which is around 5 years old.

I currently have no current build in mind and I'm just looking at a entry level gaming pc which has potential to be upgraded further along the line.

Cheers in advance for the replies!

Solution

I stuck the 750W PSU in there for future upgrades. For instance if you wanted to add another GTX 760, which would make it really fly.

SSD is a hard one. I had the same budget as you when I was looking for a computer. I decided to leave the SSD out of it...

Jonathan Kuan

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Looks pretty sick my dude! do you recon a SSD would be worth my time? or am i best off just skipping it all together. and also 750W supply would that be a little overkill? or is that just there incase of future upgrades?

Zac Lloyd-Jones

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

I stuck the 750W PSU in there for future upgrades. For instance if you wanted to add another GTX 760, which would make it really fly.

SSD is a hard one. I had the same budget as you when I was looking for a computer. I decided to leave the SSD out of it because of money and the fact its going to make no difference during games, apart from loading times and that sort of thing. But then you have to chose which games you have installed on it and screw around with it when you want a different game on there when its full.

It will make a good difference to boot times and that sort of thing but hardly a necessity really, but then again its up to you.

Update: I had the same budget but ended up spending $1680 xD. Just thought I'd add that. I also got a cheaper PSU (OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular) and although it had good reviews mine made a buzzing sound on high load so I sent it back. Will go for a more expensive PSU next time.

Solution

Jonathan Kuan

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Haha cheers buddy its good to know looks like I'll have a pretty solid build. More than enough to play bf4?

TRENDING THREADS