FX-6300 with stock heatsink?

soggynuggetz

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
I have an FX-6300 cpu and I am wondering if I will be able to just use the stock heatsink that comes with it? I do not plan on doing any overlocking. I am very new to all of this stuff. So will I be able to run the cpu with just the stock heatsink without it overheating or should I get maybe a cooler master hyper 212 EVO?

Solution
A stock cooler is enough

I advice u to get a cooler if u plan to o.c. Or if u plan to do long session gaming with games like crysis 3 or others

A stock cooler can handle this but temps can go upto 65 which is quite high and would be limiting ur cpu life

If u plan to buy a cooler get hyper 212 evo for 30$ which can even outperfrm some closed liquid coolers like h60,h80 seideon 120 ,antec 620

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
What do you plan on doing with it? I put together a 6300 in a build for a friend on a strict budget. It does fine until he starts to do his video compression. THen it gets REALLY hot, but the case also has minimal airflow.
So as long as you aren't running it at 100% a lot and have decent case airflow you'll be fine.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Without stressing it to 80%+ then the stock SHOULD be fine. But I would agree with tradesman by going ahead and getting a cheap aftermarket cooler, just to be safe. The Cooler Master Evo is a great budget cooler especially if you plan on not OCing.

A stock cooler is enough

I advice u to get a cooler if u plan to o.c. Or if u plan to do long session gaming with games like crysis 3 or others

A stock cooler can handle this but temps can go upto 65 which is quite high and would be limiting ur cpu life

If u plan to buy a cooler get hyper 212 evo for 30$ which can even outperfrm some closed liquid coolers like h60,h80 seideon 120 ,antec 620

Solution