Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New amd crossfire driver?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 31, 2013 11:29:22 PM

When is this new amd crossfire driver coming? Thought it would be yesterday, but nothing... Will this also work for the HD6xxx series?

More about : amd crossfire driver

a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
July 31, 2013 11:42:52 PM

Latest release date as reported on the AMD Twitter feed is August 1, 2013. It will be the 13.8 beta driver and will supposedly contain the Crossfire frame metering fix....

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1752669/amd-cros...
m
0
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:09:10 AM

Apparently they have finally arrived!

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_8_b...
Share
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:17:52 AM

Look for FCAT results later in the day to see if the 8 month wait was worth it.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:20:24 AM

I've been reading the posts on the Guru3D forum and they are amusing to say the least! :lol: 
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:39:15 AM

Mousemonkey said:
I've been reading the posts on the Guru3D forum and they are amusing to say the least! :lol: 

A lot of guys think they can just test frame latency as usual with FRAPS. But only a professional reviewer using FCAT can really get at the truth by filtering out all the runts. That's been the issue all along.

AMD has had some major embarrassments over the past few months (7990 anyone?). If these much anticipated drivers don't deliver.... well, what am I saying, we both know the AMD fans will still buy their cards and make excuses as if its some gimmick or Nvidia conspiracy.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:48:12 AM

17seconds said:
Mousemonkey said:
I've been reading the posts on the Guru3D forum and they are amusing to say the least! :lol: 

A lot of guys think they can just test frame latency as usual with FRAPS. But only a professional reviewer using FCAT can really get at the truth by filtering out all the runts. That's been the issue all along.

AMD has had some major embarrassments over the past few months (7990 anyone?). If these much anticipated drivers don't deliver.... well, what am I saying, we both know the AMD fans will still buy their cards and make excuses as if its some gimmick or Nvidia conspiracy.


Their problem is that some of us are open to an experiment every now and again... :whistle: 
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:53:17 AM

Mousemonkey said:
17seconds said:
Mousemonkey said:
I've been reading the posts on the Guru3D forum and they are amusing to say the least! :lol: 

A lot of guys think they can just test frame latency as usual with FRAPS. But only a professional reviewer using FCAT can really get at the truth by filtering out all the runts. That's been the issue all along.

AMD has had some major embarrassments over the past few months (7990 anyone?). If these much anticipated drivers don't deliver.... well, what am I saying, we both know the AMD fans will still buy their cards and make excuses as if its some gimmick or Nvidia conspiracy.


Their problem is that some of us are open to an experiment every now and again... :whistle: 

Wait, you're talking about video cards, right?

I know it's not a popular rationale, but I wouldn't buy a card that can't do PhysX. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
m
0
l
August 1, 2013 10:58:54 AM

semperfidelis said:
When is this new amd crossfire driver coming? Thought it would be yesterday, but nothing... Will this also work for the HD6xxx series?


I too would like to know if these new drivers impact 6xxx series as I have crossfire 6850s in my system.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
August 1, 2013 10:59:58 AM

17seconds said:
Mousemonkey said:
17seconds said:
Mousemonkey said:
I've been reading the posts on the Guru3D forum and they are amusing to say the least! :lol: 

A lot of guys think they can just test frame latency as usual with FRAPS. But only a professional reviewer using FCAT can really get at the truth by filtering out all the runts. That's been the issue all along.

AMD has had some major embarrassments over the past few months (7990 anyone?). If these much anticipated drivers don't deliver.... well, what am I saying, we both know the AMD fans will still buy their cards and make excuses as if its some gimmick or Nvidia conspiracy.


Their problem is that some of us are open to an experiment every now and again... :whistle: 

Wait, you're talking about video cards, right?

I know it's not a popular rationale, but I wouldn't buy a card that can't do PhysX. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.


F@H is now supposed to be favouring cards that excel at Open CL with it's funky new Core 17, don't believe the hype is all I'm going to say. ;) 
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
August 1, 2013 11:00:32 AM

gtfanyang said:
semperfidelis said:
When is this new amd crossfire driver coming? Thought it would be yesterday, but nothing... Will this also work for the HD6xxx series?


I too would like to know if these new drivers impact 6xxx series as I have crossfire 6850s in my system.

If they work as advertised, they should benefit any Crossfire setup. Guru3d has mentioned to expect FCAT results later today.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 595 U Graphics card
a c 153 À AMD
August 1, 2013 12:59:53 PM

It works pretty well for DirectX 10 and 11 games on a single monitor.
It does not work for DirectX 9 games (Skyrim, for example), Eyefinity, and 4K monitors.
It seems to only pertain to the HD7000 series, although that's unclear (to me).
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
August 1, 2013 1:06:13 PM

I wonder if it'll allow TV software to be run at the same time that the GPU is actually doing some work? The current 13.4 driver has a serious problem doing two things at once, so I've heard... :whistle: 
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 259 U Graphics card
a c 126 À AMD
August 1, 2013 5:57:21 PM

If other sites come up with the same conclusion as guru3D, I may once again return to Crossfire. It's nice to have an alternative to SLI again.
m
0
l
!