HD 7850 Dual Monitor "Input Not Supported" Error.

JustCasual

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with my Dual Monitors (Acer S231) and my ASUS HD Radeon 7850 2G (HD7850-DC-2-2GD5-V2) . When I plug in my second one, I get a "Input not Supported". This is what I've done so far:

- I've used both monitors separately with HDMI and both DVI ports successfully.
- tried hooking up HDMI to one and DVI to the other.
- tried hooking up DVI to both
- tried every possible configuration for HDMI, DVI connections (even PSU for the monitors)
- The monitors are registered by the computer (both in the CCC and windows program). I can move my mouse into the dark abyss of the other monitor.
- Installed the latest GPU drivers from ASUS and AMD separately (the whole uninstall, restart, reinstall process)
- Installed the Beta Driver for my GPU
- Installed the latest Monitor Drivers
- Called Tech Support for both my Monitor and GPU. Acer claims that it is not a monitor problem.
- The only way I've gotten both to work (tried every possible config for the second monitor) is making my second monitor a low resolution (I think it was 1280 x1024 but I don't remember) @ 75Hz with my first monitor at max res (1920 x 1080) @ 60Hz when hooked up with DVI. When I have HDMI hooked up, it's at 1080p.
- I've played with both CCC and "windows screen resolution" functions to change the Resolution
- I bought a DVI splitter and got duplicate displays at my max resolution @ 60Hz. However, I could not get it to extend as a separate monitor, only duplicate.

The ASUS (the GPU manufacturer) mentioned that it might be a RMA issue. I'm hoping to avoid all that waiting for possibly a new GPU.

Also if I do have to RMA, any advice or expectations I should have?

THANKS in advance

My Specs:
AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX aM3+ Mobo
ASUS Radeon HD 7850 2GB GPU
Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Windows 8

JustCasual

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

So the first one is at 60Hz, but the only refresh rate and resolution combination that CCC will accept is the one listed above at 75Hz. When ever I select 60Hz and another resolution, it won't accept the change.

to clear a driver problem, grab driver fusion and latest amd beta drivers.

uninstall current driver and dont restart.
run driver fusion amd driver cleaner.
install amd drivers as custom and only install display driver and hdmi audio driver, dont install anything else even catalyst control centre.

see if you can get windows to recognise the monitor on its own without catalyst since it should.

JustCasual

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I can get either monitor to work during when they are both hooked up, but I just can't get both to work at once. I'll give this a try when I get home though.

JustCasual

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I haven't tried this yet. Recently when I was trying to uninstall drivers and restarting, they would be back. I'll give this a try when I get home. Is the driver cleaner pretty easy to use?

Should I use my HDMI and DVI setup for this or just two DVI's?

yes driver fusion is dead easy to use, just go into control panel then into programs and features. select amd catalyst install manager and uninstall it all and do not restart.

then open and run driver fusion just select amd and then clean. its that simple.

JustCasual

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

No luck. It recognizes the monitor exists but the monitor is black and gives the error "input not supported"