Solved

First gaming pc build.

Hi,
I'm gonna build my first gaming pc and I got some help from friends. My friend told me I should get an i7 4770K with 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram and a gtx 660. But I also did some research and I thought this would be a good choice: i5 4670K with 8 gb corsair vengeance ram and a Sapphire Radeon HD 7970. But i don't really know what I should do, what do you guys think?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build
  1. dolfvandeijn said:
    Hi,
    I'm gonna build my first gaming pc and I got some help from friends. My friend told me I should get an i7 4770K with 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram and a gtx 660. But I also did some research and I thought this would be a good choice: i5 4670K with 8 gb corsair vengeance ram and a Sapphire Radeon HD 7970. But i don't really know what I should do, what do you guys think?


    what is your budget
  2. my budget is 1000-1200 euro
  3. If you're trying to stay in that price range I'd go with 3570K or 4670K, 2x4GB 1600MHz 1.5V RAM, and either the 770 or 7970GHz (this is the better deal if you would purchase the free games that come with the Never Settle bundle as it drives the overall cost down - http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloaded.aspx)
  4. dolfvandeijn said:
    my budget is 1000-1200 euro


    do you need a OS?
  5. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£184.24 @ CCL Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£22.85 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£153.57 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£54.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: A-Data S511 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£90.14 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£65.00 @ Ebuyer)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (£347.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£77.70 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£74.09 @ Aria PC)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £1083.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-01 18:38 BST+0100)

    really high class build, i chose the case since that is what im using and it keeps everything very quite and plenty of space
  6. RTB's build is outstanding (I'd cheap out on a mobo a little but that's me...). My only comment would be that if this is a pure gaming machine (not storing a lot of pics, movies, etc) I'd drop the HDD completely and get a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo.
  7. J_E_D_70 said:
    RTB's build is outstanding (I'd cheap out on a mobo a little but that's me...). My only comment would be that if this is a pure gaming machine (not storing a lot of pics, movies, etc) I'd drop the HDD completely and get a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo.


    i kept the hdd for the reason being that most games are upwards of 10gb and not sure what else he is going to have to i just always put a HDD for additional storage ex: papers, applications, music but if sole gaming and nothing else you could add a higher ssd. The mobo i selected is a great mobo, i plan on getting one in the next few weeks and it isnt that out of price range. Has great overclocking and other features that will benefit someone who is new to gaming Pcs
  8. RaisingTheBarHD said:
    dolfvandeijn said:
    my budget is 1000-1200 euro


    do you need a OS?


    I allready have a OS
  9. avilash98 said:
    STANDARD GAMING RIG FOR PLAYING NEXT GEN GAMES

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5wX
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5wX/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5wX/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($131.40 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Constellation 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.30 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $911.66
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-01 13:39 EDT-0400)

    If YOU PREFER RECENT BUILD
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5zL
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5zL/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1n5zL/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Constellation 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.30 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $935.25
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-01 13:41 EDT-0400)


    I GUESS SPENDING 25 BUCKS MORE FOR A HASWELL WOULD NOT BE A BAD CHOICE

    WILL YOU OVERCLOCK?


    Thanks for the build and yes I will be OC'íng
  10. RaisingTheBarHD said:
    J_E_D_70 said:
    RTB's build is outstanding (I'd cheap out on a mobo a little but that's me...). My only comment would be that if this is a pure gaming machine (not storing a lot of pics, movies, etc) I'd drop the HDD completely and get a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo.


    i kept the hdd for the reason being that most games are upwards of 10gb and not sure what else he is going to have to i just always put a HDD for additional storage ex: papers, applications, music but if sole gaming and nothing else you could add a higher ssd. The mobo i selected is a great mobo, i plan on getting one in the next few weeks and it isnt that out of price range. Has great overclocking and other features that will benefit someone who is new to gaming Pcs


    First I will just get a HDD and if I ever need a SSD I will just buy one. And thanks for the build btw :)
  11. dolfvandeijn said:
    RaisingTheBarHD said:
    J_E_D_70 said:
    RTB's build is outstanding (I'd cheap out on a mobo a little but that's me...). My only comment would be that if this is a pure gaming machine (not storing a lot of pics, movies, etc) I'd drop the HDD completely and get a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo.


    i kept the hdd for the reason being that most games are upwards of 10gb and not sure what else he is going to have to i just always put a HDD for additional storage ex: papers, applications, music but if sole gaming and nothing else you could add a higher ssd. The mobo i selected is a great mobo, i plan on getting one in the next few weeks and it isnt that out of price range. Has great overclocking and other features that will benefit someone who is new to gaming Pcs


    First I will just get a HDD and if I ever need a SSD I will just buy one. And thanks for the build btw :)


    no problem man, an ssd will greatly reduce load times but the rest of the build is very solid and will not let you down haha its almost the same as mine except i7 and different psu
  12. RaisingTheBarHD said:
    dolfvandeijn said:
    RaisingTheBarHD said:
    J_E_D_70 said:
    RTB's build is outstanding (I'd cheap out on a mobo a little but that's me...). My only comment would be that if this is a pure gaming machine (not storing a lot of pics, movies, etc) I'd drop the HDD completely and get a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo.


    i kept the hdd for the reason being that most games are upwards of 10gb and not sure what else he is going to have to i just always put a HDD for additional storage ex: papers, applications, music but if sole gaming and nothing else you could add a higher ssd. The mobo i selected is a great mobo, i plan on getting one in the next few weeks and it isnt that out of price range. Has great overclocking and other features that will benefit someone who is new to gaming Pcs


    First I will just get a HDD and if I ever need a SSD I will just buy one. And thanks for the build btw :)


    no problem man, an ssd will greatly reduce load times but the rest of the build is very solid and will not let you down haha its almost the same as mine except i7 and different psu


    Yeah, my friend told me that I should buy an i7 but I was not sure if it was worth the money so i'd rather spend that extra 100 euro on a better GPU.
  13. It's your call but I can't overstate the power of the SSD. I'll never, ever, buy another PC without one as a boot drive. It's that big of a deal.
  14. J_E_D_70 said:
    It's your call but I can't overstate the power of the SSD. I'll never, ever, buy another PC without one as a boot drive. It's that big of a deal.


    I'l probably just get a 120 gb SSD for my OS and games and an HDD for other files like movies etc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Components