So this is my first PC Build, and it is also the first time I'm going to put a PC together. I intend to use it primarily for gaming (Battlefield, next gen games..) and the occasional photoshop.
I have already monitor, keyboard, mouse etc., but need advice and have about my build.
Here it is:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)
My concerns with this build and questions to you would be:
1) 500W enough for an overclocked 760 + i5 ?
2) I really like Windows 7, but have heard a lot of negative feedback for Windows 8. Is Windows 8 worth it? Buying an older OS seems a little bit dumb and Windows 8 is apparently way faster.
3) Which GTX 760 Manufacturer? I've chosen the EVGA OC one, but the Twin Frozr from MSI seems nice too.
4) Is the compatibility fine?
6) Ways to save cash without losing performance? Would be nice to get the price down to something like 900 Euro, considering it costs right now 1000 Euro. (Have already dumped my SSD for it, I guess I'll just buy it later when theyre cheaper) I think I could save some money by buying a cheaper case, but I really like the looks of the 500R, anyways some suggestions for a cheaper case which doesn't look, well, cheap? Also maybe another motherboard? I have really no clue about the difference between a cheap/expensive motherboard.
7) Maybe suggestions for other parts, for more performance for $?
Also concerning the putting of the parts together, I hope it won't be too difficult, but what are ways to permanently damage parts? Static Charge? Damaging something permanently is my greatest fear, losing a part and having to replace it would be devastating.
No, it's not enough. Don't get windows 8, I have it on my desktop, its terrible. It doesn't matter, if you want to save money get the cheapest one you can find. Its compatible. Get a 4670k, cheaper RAM. And if you're hoping to get 4.5+ghz without delidding, the EVO wont get you far. You may want to get another fan for it.
First thanks for your feedback. I should've mentioned that I live in Luxembourg, so the shops I am using right now are Amazon and after calculating the price would still be 1000ish euro, but I guess I won't get a better RIG for lesser money, will I ?
But do you have some alternative cases? Can't really find that case in my shops.