Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$300-325 gaming pc build ( can upgradeable) ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 2, 2013 1:52:46 AM

So im 15 and this is gonna be my first time to build a pc so help me guys , I saved up for the past 1 and a half year for this , no need os cause I have 1 already , can run some recent games on low or medium I hope , thank you so much
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 2:03:37 AM

KTTB said:
So im 15 and this is gonna be my first time to build a pc so help me guys , I saved up for the past 1 and a half year for this , no need os cause I have 1 already , can run some recent games on low or medium I hope , thank you so much


hey there, well that is one tight budget, I tried my best to choose the cheapest affordable stuff but i'm afraid you gotta spend a bit more.

here we go...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P21 (FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($47.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.70 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($92.48 @ NCIX US)
Case: Apex PC-375 ATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($16.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $372.11
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 05:00 EDT-0400)

good luck
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 2:03:58 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G550 2.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.97 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: PNY Optima 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.49 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $310.40
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 05:03 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
Related resources
August 2, 2013 2:04:04 AM

KTTB said:
So im 15 and this is gonna be my first time to build a pc so help me guys , I saved up for the past 1 and a half year for this , no need os cause I have 1 already , can run some recent games on low or medium I hope , thank you so much


Where about's are you?
So that prices can be put together from shops in your country.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 3:16:01 AM

You would have to extend your budget 25 dollars more and get a lot better build for the price. This is a very good build for 350 dollars. It is a very good build that you should definitely go for :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($56.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $350.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 06:15 EDT-0400)

I hope this helps. Take a look at it and tell me what do you think about this build.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 1:09:40 PM

TKS GUYS , THEY ARE ALL SOME GOOD BUILDS , BUT I FOUND SOME ITEMS I LIKE
SO I ONLY NEED A CPU ( WITH VIDEO CARD IF IT GOOD) , MEMORY, MOTHERBOARD AND VIDEO CARD IF CPU DOESNT HAVE IT , HELP ME FINISH THIS BUILD AND THE TOTAL IS UNDER $350 , I WOULD BE VERRY GLAD IF THE CPU IS QUADCORE ( IM THINKING ABOUT THE AMD A10 5800K ), THANK YOU SO MUCH
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.70 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $141.67
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 16:10 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 1:30:54 PM

KTTB said:
TKS GUYS , THEY ARE ALL SOME GOOD BUILDS , BUT I FOUND SOME ITEMS I LIKE
SO I ONLY NEED A CPU ( WITH VIDEO CARD IF IT GOOD) , MEMORY, MOTHERBOARD AND VIDEO CARD IF CPU DOESNT HAVE IT , HELP ME FINISH THIS BUILD AND THE TOTAL IS UNDER $350 , I WOULD BE VERRY GLAD IF THE CPU IS QUADCORE ( IM THINKING ABOUT THE AMD A10 5800K ), THANK YOU SO MUCH
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.70 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $141.67
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 16:10 EDT-0400)


You would still game better with my build, If you pick it, in 1 or 2 years when your pc starts to get slow in games, you can upgrade to an I5, you could even get 1 used for a really low price and you would be gaming with a true quad intel. Do not I Repeat Do not go with the APU trinity cpus, they are really slow because of the integrated graphics, and if you end choosing to go with the Apu trinity like A10 5800k, then you are better of going with Sangeet Khatri build, Its an A10 5800k that does not have integrated graphics, and use all the remaining power in cpu performance. Take my Advice and go with my Intel Build. Check out this video of Crysis 2 on the G540 cpu so you can see that Celeron Intel Cpus have a nice punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePWWYGY8M8
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:02:10 PM

chulex67 said:
KTTB said:
TKS GUYS , THEY ARE ALL SOME GOOD BUILDS , BUT I FOUND SOME ITEMS I LIKE
SO I ONLY NEED A CPU ( WITH VIDEO CARD IF IT GOOD) , MEMORY, MOTHERBOARD AND VIDEO CARD IF CPU DOESNT HAVE IT , HELP ME FINISH THIS BUILD AND THE TOTAL IS UNDER $350 , I WOULD BE VERRY GLAD IF THE CPU IS QUADCORE ( IM THINKING ABOUT THE AMD A10 5800K ), THANK YOU SO MUCH
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.70 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $141.67
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 16:10 EDT-0400)


You would still game better with my build, If you pick it, in 1 or 2 years when your pc starts to get slow in games, you can upgrade to an I5, you could even get 1 used for a really low price and you would be gaming with a true quad intel. Do not I Repeat Do not go with the APU trinity cpus, they are really slow because of the integrated graphics, and if you end choosing to go with the Apu trinity like A10 5800k, then you are better of going with Sangeet Khatri build, Its an A10 5800k that does not have integrated graphics, and use all the remaining power in cpu performance. Take my Advice and go with my Intel Build. Check out this video of Crysis 2 on the G540 cpu so you can see that Celeron Intel Cpus have a nice punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePWWYGY8M8

WILL your build can run bf or crysis 3 on med or low setting ?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 5:41:38 PM

KTTB said:
chulex67 said:
KTTB said:
TKS GUYS , THEY ARE ALL SOME GOOD BUILDS , BUT I FOUND SOME ITEMS I LIKE
SO I ONLY NEED A CPU ( WITH VIDEO CARD IF IT GOOD) , MEMORY, MOTHERBOARD AND VIDEO CARD IF CPU DOESNT HAVE IT , HELP ME FINISH THIS BUILD AND THE TOTAL IS UNDER $350 , I WOULD BE VERRY GLAD IF THE CPU IS QUADCORE ( IM THINKING ABOUT THE AMD A10 5800K ), THANK YOU SO MUCH
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.70 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $141.67
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 16:10 EDT-0400)


You would still game better with my build, If you pick it, in 1 or 2 years when your pc starts to get slow in games, you can upgrade to an I5, you could even get 1 used for a really low price and you would be gaming with a true quad intel. Do not I Repeat Do not go with the APU trinity cpus, they are really slow because of the integrated graphics, and if you end choosing to go with the Apu trinity like A10 5800k, then you are better of going with Sangeet Khatri build, Its an A10 5800k that does not have integrated graphics, and use all the remaining power in cpu performance. Take my Advice and go with my Intel Build. Check out this video of Crysis 2 on the G540 cpu so you can see that Celeron Intel Cpus have a nice punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePWWYGY8M8

WILL your build can run bf or crysis 3 on med or low setting ?



Yes, in single player you can play it on medium settings
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 9:27:05 PM

Seriously, just go for my build. It has a quad core processor and everything that you would need for the next 2 years. I mean why change the HDD to just 250GB when you can have 1TB for that budget.

Also, the build I suggested is the perfect balance between performance, price and features. I mean you should definitely go for that build. It is bettter in everything

Anyways here is the CPU comparision between the Pentium G550 and the Athlon II X4 750K. Anyways I do not recommend dual cores for gaming anymore, the i3 is still good because it has hyper threading but the Intel chips don't have hyperthreading which makes it not such a good option for gaming. So, here are the benchmarks between the two CPU's.

Keep in mind that the next generation games would definitely take advantage of more than 2 cores.



m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 9:28:15 PM

Anyways, here is my build once again. Take a look at it and please give your feedback on it. It would be highly appreciated by me.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($56.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($70.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $348.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-03 00:27 EDT-0400)

I hope this helps.
Share
August 2, 2013 9:30:27 PM

tks guys , i really helped me a lot ^^ , i'lll take ur adviceSangeet Khatri , good build
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 9:32:44 PM

Sangeet Khatri said:
Anyways, here is my build once again. Take a look at it and please give your feedback on it. It would be highly appreciated by me.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($56.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($70.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $348.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-03 00:27 EDT-0400)

I hope this helps.

but why dont you have the optical drive

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 9:37:13 PM

KTTB said:
Sangeet Khatri said:
Anyways, here is my build once again. Take a look at it and please give your feedback on it. It would be highly appreciated by me.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($56.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($70.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $348.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-03 00:27 EDT-0400)

I hope this helps.

but why dont you have the optical drive



Because optical drives are not that important nowadays. I mean most of the games are not on steam and you mostly download the games now. No one buys DVD's now for anything.

Anyways if you want one, then you can include one of them for just 15 dollars more, I mean they are very cheap nowadays. Get the cheapest one, because the DVD Drive does not matter much.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2013 1:06:22 AM

Sigh, oh well, its sad when someone makes a bad choice but whatever.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2013 1:23:04 AM

chulex67 said:
Sigh, oh well, its sad when someone makes a bad choice but whatever.


Can you please elaborate that what do you mean by "Bad Choice". It is surprising to hear something like that for the build I suggested. Please can you be a bit more detailed, because I really want to know that what you mean by that.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2013 2:38:51 AM

Sangeet Khatri said:
chulex67 said:
Sigh, oh well, its sad when someone makes a bad choice but whatever.


Can you please elaborate that what do you mean by "Bad Choice". It is surprising to hear something like that for the build I suggested. Please can you be a bit more detailed, because I really want to know that what you mean by that.


Well this is akward, im sorry im sure i clicked close in my ipad and i didnt sent that message. You are not giving him room for improvement, but anyway its a solid a build and again im really sorry it wasnt inteded to be Sent. The post is solved and closed and again, sorry.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2013 5:57:31 AM

chulex67 said:
Sangeet Khatri said:
chulex67 said:
Sigh, oh well, its sad when someone makes a bad choice but whatever.


Can you please elaborate that what do you mean by "Bad Choice". It is surprising to hear something like that for the build I suggested. Please can you be a bit more detailed, because I really want to know that what you mean by that.


Well this is akward, im sorry im sure i clicked close in my ipad and i didnt sent that message. You are not giving him room for improvement, but anyway its a solid a build and again im really sorry it wasnt inteded to be Sent. The post is solved and closed and again, sorry.


I do not know how true that is (something I would never be able to figure out), but still, that is fine. No problem at all. I am totally cool..

Anyways the reason that I did not went for a future proof build is because, with a budget like this there was just a little budget of around 60 dollars for the motherboard and another 80 dollars for CPU, and in that price it was not easy to fit in anything better than this. This is not much upgradable, but for that budget, it was not at all possible to go for another platform (AM3+, LGA 1155, LGA 1150) without compromising performance which is why I went for this build.
m
0
l
!