Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Cooler Master Extreme 500W PSU for GTX 660

Last response: in Components
Share
August 2, 2013 2:55:43 AM

Please dont suggest anything else as i already have this PSU and i'm gonna buy a GTX 660 within a week and currently i cant afford another PSU. My question is will it run on this PSU? I have an FX 4130 CPU to be paired with it.
August 2, 2013 3:34:36 AM

Stay away from that Psu, perhaps it can run your Rig, but it surely running in a DANGER Condition, weak +V12 rail,Spike and Ripple will Kill your Rig slowly(maybe Instanly)...now the choice is in your hands..build your Rig powered by That Dangerous PSU or save lillbit money to buy a better one

and Read this http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 3:38:12 AM

I think its good for the card.
According to this page it needs 450 watt PSU and will use 140 MAX.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

And according to this page 12 rail has 18 Amps available. ~200 watts
http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=3738

Though I had 600 watt extreme. It sucked. I have seen bad reviews about extreme series. That they dont supply enough power through the RAILS. I was using GTX285 and it could not deliver enough power.

But You can keep this one I think it will be good to go.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 2, 2013 3:48:26 AM

karan28 said:
I think its good for the card.
According to this page it needs 450 watt PSU and will use 140 MAX.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

And according to this page 12 rail has 18 Amps available. ~200 watts
http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=3738

Though I had 600 watt extreme. It sucked. I have seen bad reviews about extreme series. That they dont supply enough power through the RAILS. I was using GTX285 and it could not deliver enough power.

But You can keep this one I think it will be good to go.





If a 285 could run on 600W, i guess mine can run on 500W easily as 285 uses almost 65W more power than a 660
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 3:49:38 AM

The Grave Digger said:
Stay away from that Psu, perhaps it can run your Rig, but it surely running in a DANGER Condition, weak +V12 rail,Spike and Ripple will Kill your Rig slowly(maybe Instanly)...now the choice is in your hands..build your Rig powered by That Dangerous PSU or save lillbit money to buy a better one

and Read this http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...



will it harm other components as well or just b dead leaving other things harmless?

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 3:51:48 AM

No no buddy, I told you it wasnt able to handle GTX285. The system powered off when the card reached full load.
maybe because of not enough amperes on the 12v rail.
I bought 550GX PSU after that. And never faced any problem till I had the card.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:01:45 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
The Grave Digger said:
Stay away from that Psu, perhaps it can run your Rig, but it surely running in a DANGER Condition, weak +V12 rail,Spike and Ripple will Kill your Rig slowly(maybe Instanly)...now the choice is in your hands..build your Rig powered by That Dangerous PSU or save lillbit money to buy a better one

and Read this http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...



will it harm other components as well or just b dead leaving other things harmless?



yes..First it make your pc Blank,shutdown or restart frequently(when Gaming) after that it start eating your harddisk and your Gpu until dead
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:11:42 AM

the funny thing is a guy from NVIDIA told me that i will be fine with that GPU.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:14:55 AM

@grave digger
HAHAHAHA ! Dude. how is it gonna eat the HDD ?
None of that will happen if he stays in the limits.
Only if the GPU is leeching on the watts, then Something bad can happen.

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:15:57 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
the funny thing is a guy from NVIDIA told me that i will be fine with that GPU.


Yes buddy. Assuming that the PSU has no defects already, it will run fine.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:25:23 AM

karan28 said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
the funny thing is a guy from NVIDIA told me that i will be fine with that GPU.


Yes buddy. Assuming that the PSU has no defects already, it will run fine.



i'm not gonna OC anything. So is it a good go for me for next 1 year? my PSU's age is 28 days BTW
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:32:27 AM

karan28 said:
@grave digger
HAHAHAHA ! Dude. how is it gonna eat the HDD ?
None of that will happen if he stays in the limits.
Only if the GPU is leeching on the watts, then Something bad can happen.



So..you never heard that Voltage Fluctuation and Ripple on crab PSU would kill you Hdd? i suggest you to read more in many Tech forum..no offence
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:36:24 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
the funny thing is a guy from NVIDIA told me that i will be fine with that GPU.


Yes buddy. Assuming that the PSU has no defects already, it will run fine.



i'm not gonna OC anything. So is it a good go for me for next 1 year? my PSU's age is 28 days BTW


As I've mentioned above, your rig will run under a DANGEROUS condition, the choices is yours...take the risk or wait(save money to buy a better one) for safety.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:37:20 AM

None of coolermaster series except silentpro decent enough to feed your system..

Coolermaster extreme power plus 500 fail to deliver quality rail at 392 watt..(http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...)

Actually still in safety range if your computer using less than 300 watt..

But GTX 660 is a power hungry graphics card, and 300 watt is not enough to feed your system at full load and gaming condition.

So i can't recommend this power supply and suggest you to buy another PSU before something happens to your expensive system.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:45:21 AM

The Grave Digger said:
karan28 said:
@grave digger
HAHAHAHA ! Dude. how is it gonna eat the HDD ?
None of that will happen if he stays in the limits.
Only if the GPU is leeching on the watts, then Something bad can happen.



So..you never heard that Voltage Fluctuation and Ripple on crab PSU would kill you Hdd? i suggest you to read more in many Tech forum..no offence

That can happen with any PSU not specifically this one.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:56:57 AM

Quaddro said:
None of coolermaster series except silentpro decent enough to feed your system..

Coolermaster extreme power plus 500 fail to deliver quality rail at 392 watt..(http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...)

Actually still in safety range if your computer using less than 300 watt..

But GTX 660 is a power hungry graphics card, and 300 watt is not enough to feed your system at full load and gaming condition.

So i can't recommend this power supply and suggest you to buy another PSU before something happens to your expensive system.


and his PSU has weak Fake dual/multiple Rail +V12, if he insist to use that, i can guarante the Bad Thing will come
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 4:59:29 AM

Quaddro said:
None of coolermaster series except silentpro decent enough to feed your system..

Coolermaster extreme power plus 500 fail to deliver quality rail at 392 watt..(http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...)

Actually still in safety range if your computer using less than 300 watt..

But GTX 660 is a power hungry graphics card, and 300 watt is not enough to feed your system at full load and gaming condition.

So i can't recommend this power supply and suggest you to buy another PSU before something happens to your expensive system.


yeah on 80% load it delivers 70% efficient wattage. before that it can give 80+. But as i saw in forums, a system with 660 draws a maximum of 295-320W power. what about that?

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:01:22 AM

@the grave digger
i dont want to use this one. but right now i cant buy any decent one. i live in india. provide me a link of a good PSU that can go with a 650ti Boost atleast.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:15:31 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:

yeah on 80% load it delivers 70% efficient wattage. before that it can give 80+. But as i saw in forums, a system with 660 draws a maximum of 295-320W power. what about that?


Hardware secret using new power supply to test..And fail at 390 watt (and maybe at lower level too).

Well, old power supply will sustain capasitor aging..it will degrade PSU capability to deliver wattage.
Bad caps psu have higher capasitor aging than quality one.

so, you can't assume that your power supply will deliver quality level same as hardware secret wattage test.
it may be much lower.
More than 300 watt is a very dangerous level to your PSU.

i insist to suggest you to get a better PSU. GTX 660 is not cheap graphics card, right..?

But if you like to live in dangerously, well..that's your human rights :D 


SeaSonic S12II 520 is an very excellent PSU.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12II-B...
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:21:39 AM

For that card..450-500W pure power with 34-38A SINGLE RAIL on +V12 from TRUSTED brand like Seasonic S12II-430W or corsair CX500(except VS series) is Good for you, about the link and price, i think you should find it by your self,because you know better than me about PC online Shop,Retailer or distributor in India.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:28:25 AM

karan28 said:
No no buddy, I told you it wasnt able to handle GTX285. The system powered off when the card reached full load.
maybe because of not enough amperes on the 12v rail.
I bought 550GX PSU after that. And never faced any problem till I had the card.


Mayb the problem was something else with your PSU. Just saw that 285 needs 46A where the coolermaster 600W had 30A probably.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:29:44 AM

The Grave Digger said:
corsair CX500(except VS series)


i'm not fans of cx series..

i have 2 pieces cx430v2, and both of these failed in 1.5 years..
Daily usage at 70% load of psu wattage.

CX series has low quality caps..

VS..? meh..it's even worse than CX :D 
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:29:47 AM

The Grave Digger said:
For that card..450-500W pure power with 34-38A SINGLE RAIL on +V12 from TRUSTED brand like Seasonic S12II-430W or corsair CX500(except VS series) is Good for you, about the link and price, i think you should find it by your self,because you know better than me about PC online Shop,Retailer or distributor in India.


doesn't that card and 660 too needs 24A?
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:35:01 AM

Quaddro said:
The Grave Digger said:
corsair CX500(except VS series)


i'm not fans of cx series..

i have 2 pieces cx430v2, and both of these failed in 1.5 years..
Daily usage at 70% load of psu wattage.

CX series has low quality caps..

VS..? meh..it's even worse than CX :D 


so will my current PSU last atleast 6 months with a 660?

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:40:34 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
Quaddro said:
The Grave Digger said:
corsair CX500(except VS series)


i'm not fans of cx series..

i have 2 pieces cx430v2, and both of these failed in 1.5 years..
Daily usage at 70% load of psu wattage.

CX series has low quality caps..

VS..? meh..it's even worse than CX :D 


so will my current PSU last atleast 6 months with a 660?



Your psu will be fine..Even for years..

But your entire system will threatened because your PSU lack of quality output.

If you always use your computer just for typing in microsoft word/excel, or internet browsing, sure it will be fine..

But if you do a lot gaming, well, maybe around 1-2 months, you will fell something strange with your system.. :) 
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:40:47 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
No no buddy, I told you it wasnt able to handle GTX285. The system powered off when the card reached full load.
maybe because of not enough amperes on the 12v rail.
I bought 550GX PSU after that. And never faced any problem till I had the card.


Mayb the problem was something else with your PSU. Just saw that 285 needs 46A where the coolermaster 600W had 30A probably.


I just saw it had 18 amps in 12v rail.
But cooler master GX-550 that i used after that, gave no problem with the card. The longest time I used the card for gaming was around 8-9 hours continuously last year.
see here on ebay. this rail has 44 amps available. but it has only 1 rail. comes with 5 years warranty.
This is my experience. I used GTX285 and GTX260 core edition on this PSU. both use 200 watts .
Also My processor is AMD FX6100, 95 watts TDP. No other fancy componenet. just 500gb hdd, dvd drive. 1 fan, 2X4GB corsair ddr3.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Cooler-Master-GX-550-550W-Comput...
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:45:12 AM

Quaddro said:
The Grave Digger said:
corsair CX500(except VS series)


i'm not fans of cx series..

i have 2 pieces cx430v2, and both of these failed in 1.5 years..
Daily usage at 70% load of psu wattage.

CX series has low quality caps..

VS..? meh..it's even worse than CX :D 


yeah..with SAMXON and Teapo Capasitor it's not powerfull as TX,HX or A series but atleast it's good enough for extreme Low Budget,specially he targeted GTX 650 Ti Boost at the moment
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:47:37 AM

karan28 said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
No no buddy, I told you it wasnt able to handle GTX285. The system powered off when the card reached full load.
maybe because of not enough amperes on the 12v rail.
I bought 550GX PSU after that. And never faced any problem till I had the card.


Mayb the problem was something else with your PSU. Just saw that 285 needs 46A where the coolermaster 600W had 30A probably.


I just saw it had 18 amps in 12v rail.
But cooler master GX-550 that i used after that, gave no problem with the card. The longest time I used the card for gaming was around 8-9 hours continuously last year.
see here on ebay. this rail has 44 amps available. but it has only 1 rail. comes with 5 years warranty.
This is my experience. I used GTX285 and GTX260 core edition on this PSU. both use 200 watts .
Also My processor is AMD FX6100, 95 watts TDP. No other fancy componenet. just 500gb hdd, dvd drive. 1 fan, 2X4GB corsair ddr3.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Cooler-Master-GX-550-550W-Comput...



how is your experience with extreme power 600w and 260? and 18A can't manage to run on a 46A required rail. mayb that was the problem. by the way a noob question, cm extreme power plus 500w is with 24a or 18a? or 30a?
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:52:26 AM

As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:53:50 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
The Grave Digger said:
For that card..450-500W pure power with 34-38A SINGLE RAIL on +V12 from TRUSTED brand like Seasonic S12II-430W or corsair CX500(except VS series) is Good for you, about the link and price, i think you should find it by your self,because you know better than me about PC online Shop,Retailer or distributor in India.


doesn't that card and 660 too needs 24A?


Yea..but you'll have lilbit spare of power on +V12 Rail that useful when you wanna add another hardware in your rig at the future
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 6:05:29 AM

karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 6:15:03 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.



I dont think so. If it was true then it should have been able to handle gtx285.
Read this. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/306437-28-single-rail-multiple-rails-eternal-question-answered
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 6:18:25 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.



Belief me, that Multi rail on your CM extreme 500W will Go down under heavy load, it never touch 36A or 24A level, +12V will drop and your PC will suddenly blank..the only good thing from CM are their Silent pro series and V series
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 6:23:15 AM

karan28 said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.



I dont think so. If it was true then it should have been able to handle gtx285.
Read this. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/306437-28-single-rail-multiple-rails-eternal-question-answered


quote from your link, "In short, its the total capacity of the 12V source that matters, how the rails are laid out does not affect you much.".. in my case its 36A. and 600w also has 36A where 285 needed 46A. mayb. i'm not that PSU expert and your words are so much helpful here.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 6:27:47 AM

The Grave Digger said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.



Belief me, that Multi rail on your CM extreme 500W will Go down under heavy load, it never touch 36A or 24A level, +12V will drop and your PC will suddenly blank..the only good thing from CM are their Silent pro series and V series


how much load can it get on 720p gaming in ultra settings? demanding games of course!
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:03:39 AM

karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.



http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3990
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:06:26 AM


Quote:
quote from your link, "In short, its the total capacity of the 12V source that matters, how the rails are laid out does not affect you much.".. in my case its 36A. and 600w also has 36A where 285 needed 46A. mayb. i'm not that PSU expert and your words are so much helpful here.

"this is why for most units with multiple 12V rails you cannot simply add the rails together to figure out the total power available from the 12V source, you must look at the total power listed for the 12V rails listed below them."
Please look at the picture there in the link. I think this is the case with the two 18Amp rails.

And I dont know where you read 46A for the gtx285 but they would have meant about the single rail in the PSU. It includes the power supply to other components. So 46Amps is not for the card only. 285 uses ~200 watts. So 18 amps would be fine but as I told you before extreme series had bad reviews about the true wattage delivery .
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:11:26 AM

karan28 said:

Quote:
quote from your link, "In short, its the total capacity of the 12V source that matters, how the rails are laid out does not affect you much.".. in my case its 36A. and 600w also has 36A where 285 needed 46A. mayb. i'm not that PSU expert and your words are so much helpful here.

"this is why for most units with multiple 12V rails you cannot simply add the rails together to figure out the total power available from the 12V source, you must look at the total power listed for the 12V rails listed below them."
Please look at the picture there in the link. I think this is the case with the two 18Amp rails.

And I dont know where you read 46A for the gtx285 but they would have meant about the single rail in the PSU. It includes the power supply to other components. So 46Amps is not for the card only. 285 uses ~200 watts. So 18 amps would be fine but as I told you before extreme series had bad reviews about the true wattage delivery .


http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/power-requirements-...
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:18:39 AM

The Grave Digger said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:
karan28 said:
As I said. GTX 285 wasnt able to run on 600w extreme.
I had that replaced with GX-550. Ran fine after that.
and extreme 500 w has 2 rails of 18A each. But I read somewhere that these 2 dont add up to the wattage. You need single rail with enough amps.


coolermaster says the rails will add up and thus i have basically 18+18=+-36A which will be more than enough. multi rails are for safety purpose only. idk, its just what they have said.



Belief me, that Multi rail on your CM extreme 500W will Go down under heavy load, it never touch 36A or 24A level, +12V will drop and your PC will suddenly blank..the only good thing from CM are their Silent pro series and V series

the card draws max 140w which means 12A max. Dual rail means 18A for CPU and 18A for rest (PCI-E included). so i dont really need even total 18A on the card section! if it can provide total 24A in total system, that will be enough i guess according to the specs. pardon me if i know things wrongly, and please correct me if something's wrong in my thought.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:24:24 AM

[/quotemsg]
Buddy, still it lists 24Amps requirement for 450 watts(not multiple rails). Your PSU is delivering 18A.
My only point was that 2 rails with 18Apms wil not add to 36 amps.
I read 660 uses 140 watts. So assuming one rail with 12v 18 amps ~200 watts. So according to bad reviews if it doesnt deliver 200 watts, it will deliver a little less. Which will be enough for the card if that rail is not shared by other components.

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:31:43 AM

.


no its almost not shared with anything. the thing is i need this PSU to last me for atleast 6 months with 660, then i can afford another PSU mayb. 18A on a 12A (11.66666A actually) rail would be enough i guess, even if it has bad reviews. but if there is any strong technical reason why it will blow up this PSU, i will definitely not use 660 with this.

[/quotemsg]
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:40:37 AM

Okay I believe you can go 6 months easily.
Since you have brand new PSU.
And the worst case that happened with me was the system shut down. Maybe I was lucky I didnt lose any component.
The 600w extreme was also good with 9800GT (95 watts), before my 285.
And on 285 it shut down only under load.
So I suggest you to use it or sell it. I got the new PSU by giving back the extreme one and 500 Rs. last year to the supplier.
See if the service centre people allow this to you.

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:50:17 AM

karan28 said:
Okay I believe you can go 6 months easily.
Since you have brand new PSU.
And the worst case that happened with me was the system shut down. Maybe I was lucky I didnt lose any component.
The 600w extreme was also good with 9800GT (95 watts), before my 285.
And on 285 it shut down only under load.
So I suggest you to use it or sell it. I got the new PSU by giving back the extreme one and 500 Rs. last year to the supplier.
See if the service centre people allow this to you.




how to contact them?

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 7:57:23 AM

Quote:
how to contact them?


On the PSU box there will be a name of the supplier. mine was "Acro engineering works".
But first ask the seller who sold you the psu if the service centre is available in your area. Or search on the internet.
In my case the service centre was not available so I had to ship to delhi. It took about 2 weeks for the whole matter. Because at first I thought the PSU was faulty. After that they sent me 2 replacements of same PSUs' But I had the same problem.
At last the person there advised me to use GX-550.
So I was lucky to get a new one with 5 years warranty just for additional 500 rs.


m
0
l
August 2, 2013 8:04:54 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:

the card draws max 140w which means 12A max. Dual rail means 18A for CPU and 18A for rest (PCI-E included). so i dont really need even total 18A on the card section! if it can provide total 24A in total system, that will be enough i guess according to the specs. pardon me if i know things wrongly, and please correct me if something's wrong in my thought.


My handsome brother, the problem is your psu is cannot deliver good quality output..
Your PSU can overload until 24A in 12v rail before the OCP kick in..
But it's failed to deliver good quality output even at only slightly higher than 10A..

Don't believe too much about how good vendor advertise their products..


"how much load can it get on 720p gaming in ultra settings? demanding games of course!"
All games need alot processing power..and still..the main problem is not how strong your PSU..
But how good your psu can deliver wattage at good quality and minimum ripple..

You looks like live in dangerously a lot..:D 
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 8:05:25 AM

karan28 said:
Quote:
how to contact them?


On the PSU box there will be a name of the supplier. mine was "Acro engineering works".
But first ask the seller who sold you the psu if the service centre is available in your area. Or search on the internet.
In my case the service centre was not available so I had to ship to delhi. It took about 2 weeks for the whole matter. Because at first I thought the PSU was faulty. After that they sent me 2 replacements of same PSUs' But I had the same problem.
At last the person there advised me to use GX-550.
So I was lucky to get a new one with 5 years warranty just for additional 500 rs.




i wanna follow your way only as mine is from acro too.. so how to contact this 'GOD LIKE' person? i wanna exchange mine too for 1000 or something close to that amount!

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 8:12:55 AM

Quaddro said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:

the card draws max 140w which means 12A max. Dual rail means 18A for CPU and 18A for rest (PCI-E included). so i dont really need even total 18A on the card section! if it can provide total 24A in total system, that will be enough i guess according to the specs. pardon me if i know things wrongly, and please correct me if something's wrong in my thought.


My handsome brother, the problem is your psu is cannot deliver good quality output..
Your PSU can overload until 24A in 12v rail before the OCP kick in..
But it's failed to deliver good quality output even at only slightly higher than 10A..

Don't believe too much about how good vendor advertise their products..


"how much load can it get on 720p gaming in ultra settings? demanding games of course!"
All games need alot processing power..and still..the main problem is not how strong your PSU..
But how good your psu can deliver wattage at good quality and minimum ripple..

You looks like live in dangerously a lot..:D 


fails to deliver even 10A on 12v rail?? now thats really something to worry about as i will need atleast 12A on my PCI-E section!

for my knowledge, a question, karan's GPU needed 206W on 12v rail which means almost 18A, so if it lacked severely (18A-10A=8A), how come he is still alive? he should have died with the flames of his PSU!
m
0
l

Best solution

August 2, 2013 8:25:17 AM

Quote:
i wanna follow your way only as mine is from acro too.. so how to contact this 'GOD LIKE' person? i wanna exchange mine too for 1000 or something close to that amount!


Hahaha buddy, I laughed hard at your "god like person" comment. I'll send you the details in private message.


Share
August 2, 2013 9:06:21 AM

karan28 said:

fails to deliver even 10A on 12v rail?? now thats really something to worry about as i will need atleast 12A on my PCI-E section!
for my knowledge, a question, karan's GPU needed 206W on 12v rail which means almost 18A, so if it lacked severely (18A-10A=8A), how come he is still alive? he should have died with the flames of his PSU!


Karan using CM extreme 600..
karan28 said:

Though I had 600 watt extreme.


And your's cm extreme 500..

even his psu at higher wattage, he still said..
karan28 said:

It sucked.


:D 
m
0
l
!