What GPU will be best suited to max games at 1600x900 with 60+- FPS

I have a single 1600x900 display monitor and it suits me fine, I don't want to overpay in GPU that could max ( ultra ) games like Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, GTA V, AC4 Black Flag and many more.

I won't be going dual-monitor since it doesn't really give an edge(for me) in my opinion.
9 answers Last reply
More about gpu suited max games 1600x900 fps
  1. I only have experience with Crysis 3. But this worked for me...

    Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0GHz
    2 x Radeon HD 7950's @ 1000/1250 (* stock for temps/fan noise)
    All details maxed
    2x SMAA
    1920 x 1080 resolution
    35-60FPS (* VSync was @ 60 so higher FPS in some areas is likely)
    Average FPS was 50+ 90% of the time

    It stays pretty much pegged at 60FPS. The only time it drops a little, and briefly, is during gunfights with a lot of FX on screen in large areas with several AI enemies moving against my position.

    There was no bottleneck I could see. Felt very balanced. The CPU and both GPUs would go from 50-90% usage on all CPU and both graphics cards, depending on the situation.

    This was also on a GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, capable of supporting 2 PCIe GPUs @ x16, or 4 @ x8.

    Going down to 1 GPU I was getting 30-40 FPS, even when overclocking it to 1120/1500 (Near 7970 performance levels). The CPU wasn't at full load. So looks like a dual-GPU setup will get you more in this game.
  2. one 7870 should do the job possibly 7850 sense your only playing at 720p resolution ..
  3. goodguy713 said:
    one 7870 should do the job possibly 7850 sense your only playing at 720p resolution ..


    ah i think 1600 x 900 > 1280 x 720..
  4. Hitokiri Battousai said:
    goodguy713 said:
    one 7870 should do the job possibly 7850 sense your only playing at 720p resolution ..


    ah i think 1600 x 900 > 1280 x 720..


    well its not exactly 1080p either 1920 x 1080 > mIm 1600 x 900 ... while you may be correct about that its like a mutt resolution .. still same effect 7870 is capable of playing most games on high / ultra settings at that resolution ..
  5. goodguy713 said:
    Hitokiri Battousai said:
    goodguy713 said:
    one 7870 should do the job possibly 7850 sense your only playing at 720p resolution ..


    ah i think 1600 x 900 > 1280 x 720..


    well its not exactly 1080p either 1920 x 1080 > mIm 1600 x 900 ... while you may be correct about that its like a mutt resolution .. still same effect 7870 is capable of playing most games on high / ultra settings at that resolution ..


    I don't get it, I believe the pixelation for 900p, if that's the thing you guys call a 1600x900 by or not, is higher than a 720p, but yes I think 7870 is good especially the XT/LE version of it, but here 760 jetstream is only about 4 dollars higher, I am worried about the next-gen console favoring the 760 less too.

    I would choose ATI because of this but nvidia seems to have ati beat even on their title games( A GTX 760 beating a HD7950 on Bioshock Infinite / Dirt 3 / Hitman Absolution etc ). Is that possible?
  6. just depends on the titles you plan to play to be honest .. I run a 1090t with 2 6870's in crossfire.. my second computer is a 3570k with a 7870 running 1600 x 900 as far as im concerned its a mutt resolution not that its bad but generally speaking once you go too a 1080p resolution you don't want to go back and there is a noticeable difference. monitors make a big difference so if you plan on buying a card greater then a 760 / 7870 consider upgrading your monitor as well.
  7. byogamingpc said:



    Here in our town, the shop only has 760 Jetstream, is that okay or better?
  8. byogamingpc said:
    Hitokiri Battousai said:
    byogamingpc said:



    Here in our town, the shop only has 760 Jetstream, is that okay or better?


    The Jetstream is a great card. :)


    Will Jetstream run cool?

    I saw this card in another city and it looks like i would run cool

    http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1841&psn=&lid=1&leg=0


    What third party manufacturers do you suggest? Will Jetstream run cooler than a 7950 like the one above?
  9. byogamingpc said:
    I have no personal experience with Jetstream but I do know that the Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X w/ Boost http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPLI74S/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00CPLI74S&linkCode=as2&tag=b0b929-20 is a very fast card and a great cooler.


    So it's jetstream vs dual-x then! Thanks, I'll just get whatever is cheaper by the time I will be buying a GPU!
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Games FPS Graphics