Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help build gaming PC budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 2, 2013 9:19:06 AM

I need build or buy a pre built one.
My budget is £500 - £650 max I want it mainly for world of Warcraft on ultra without it overheating after long periods of play. All components I need to get,where from? this my first buy of a gameing PC all advise welcome.

More about : build gaming budget

August 2, 2013 10:25:37 AM

What resolution will you use? Are you going to plug it to a TV (720, 1080?) or do you want to buy a monitor as well?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 10:56:02 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.93 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£101.61 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£37.92 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£204.81 @ Dabs)
Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £650.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 18:55 BST+0100)
m
0
l
Related resources
August 2, 2013 11:05:32 AM

Sn1992 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.93 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£101.61 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£37.92 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£204.81 @ Dabs)
Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £650.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 18:55 BST+0100)


That sounds about right. I'd probably change the HDD for a WD Black instead of a Blue, they're cheap right now, and the performance gain is worth it.
m
0
l
a c 275 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 11:07:59 AM

Are you overclocking?

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 11:08:02 AM

the stats and specs are the same so minimal prfrmance difference
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 11:15:41 AM

Sn1992 said:
the stats and specs are the same so minimal prfrmance difference


I have both. There IS a difference. Black is louder, but faster.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 12:12:23 PM

serge44 said:
What resolution will you use? Are you going to plug it to a TV (720, 1080?) or do you want to buy a monitor as well?


Montior separate not apart of budget
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 12:15:36 PM

serge44 said:
Sn1992 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.93 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£101.61 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£37.92 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£204.81 @ Dabs)
Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £650.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 18:55 BST+0100)


That sounds about right. I'd probably change the HDD for a WD Black instead of a Blue, they're cheap right now, and the performance gain is worth it.


That looks quite good, but I know I didn't include it but would it run bf4 on low smooth?
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 12:20:42 PM

Guffmaw said:
serge44 said:
Sn1992 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.93 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£101.61 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£37.92 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£204.81 @ Dabs)
Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £650.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 18:55 BST+0100)


That sounds about right. I'd probably change the HDD for a WD Black instead of a Blue, they're cheap right now, and the performance gain is worth it.


That looks quite good, but I know I didn't include it but would it run bf4 on low smooth?


At 1080p, a 760 will run it smoothly even on High (not Max though).
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 12:21:20 PM

That cpu and gpu can run that on high settings too
So get the built
Dont frget to close the post
Share
!