Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i5 i7/GT 740m vs AMD A8-5550m/A10-5750m

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 2, 2013 10:08:10 AM

Hi,

There are two HP laptops I'm looking at right now. The first one is an HP ENVY 15z-j000. It has an A8-5550m can be upgraded to A10-5750m for $80 and I can get a Radeon 8750m on it for another $70.

Then there is an HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition with an I7 4700QM and can get 2gb GT 740m for an additional $70.

I don't game much (I know the name indicates otherwise) but which combination would be better for gaming? I don't mind low settings, etc. I will getting a 1080p screen with either laptop btw since I like watching movies. The laptop will be primarily for MS Office and light use (school).

I believe that the APU and Radeon can work together? Around what level of performance would they achieve in terms of nVidia cards?

The AMD based HP will be around $100 less btw


Thank You!
a b D Laptop
August 2, 2013 4:04:48 PM

The one with the I7 and the GT 740m is better by alot, I really dont like HP, they have bad cooling.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 5:30:37 PM

chulex67 said:
The one with the I7 and the GT 740m is better by alot, I really dont like HP, they have bad cooling.



My brother has an HP DV6 and the cooling SUCKS BIG TIME. I can cook a pizza on that thing (He NEVER games, just uses it for school work) lol. Their prices are pretty decent though and I'm on a tight budget.

I'm actually very mad that I didnt get the I7 4702QM/GT 740m 17" with bluray/FHD screen for $750 a month ago, Its $950 now and I doubt they'll have more coupons like that.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
August 2, 2013 5:37:36 PM

seriousgamer said:
chulex67 said:
The one with the I7 and the GT 740m is better by alot, I really dont like HP, they have bad cooling.



My brother has an HP DV6 and the cooling SUCKS BIG TIME. I can cook a pizza on that thing (He NEVER games, just uses it for school work) lol. Their prices are pretty decent though and I'm on a tight budget.

I'm actually very mad that I didnt get the I7 4702QM/GT 740m 17" with bluray/FHD screen for $750 a month ago, Its $950 now and I doubt they'll have more coupons like that.


whats your budget?
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 8:00:46 PM

chulex67 said:
seriousgamer said:
chulex67 said:
The one with the I7 and the GT 740m is better by alot, I really dont like HP, they have bad cooling.



My brother has an HP DV6 and the cooling SUCKS BIG TIME. I can cook a pizza on that thing (He NEVER games, just uses it for school work) lol. Their prices are pretty decent though and I'm on a tight budget.

I'm actually very mad that I didnt get the I7 4702QM/GT 740m 17" with bluray/FHD screen for $750 a month ago, Its $950 now and I doubt they'll have more coupons like that.


whats your budget?


Trying to stay around the $700 range. I definitely want 1080p for movies and some gaming capability (don't mind playing lowest settings)
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
August 3, 2013 1:23:06 AM

This is the Best Laptop you are going to find at the 700 usd mark :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just be sure to get a proper cooling pad for your laptop.
Share
!