Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Does my first gaming rig look good?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 2, 2013 12:55:02 PM

So I wan't to be able to play all of the newest games on this computer on mainly max setting's and I do small flash animations and small editing/rendering for YouTube. I have around a $1400 budget, this is what I have been thinking of;

Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1866 G.Skill Ripjaw X
And some fairly cheap fan, 1TB hard drive and 750w power source.
(All above is about $1200)

All of that has room for change since I was thinking of a Radeon 7900 series instead of the GeForce and some other Intel processor is possible.

THANKS :)  .

More about : gaming rig good

a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2013 1:18:37 PM

Sorry but thats a bad built

Get this
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($131.39 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V700 700W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($80.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $1157.80
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 16:18 EDT-0400)

And this sli 760 would b better perfrming than gtx titan a 1000$ card
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 1:23:36 PM

Check this benchmarks : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...


You want to game, and yet you are going with the AMD route, You are looking at a 1200 budget i think you could do a little better, but in this case you also want to edit and render youtube videos. But if you go amd you can get a GTX 770, looks like you got a winner build, i would just try to get a better motherboard, so you could overclock your cpu in 1 or 2 years from now.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 2, 2013 2:11:36 PM

chulex67 said:
Check this benchmarks : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...


You want to game, and yet you are going with the AMD route, You are looking at a 1200 budget i think you could do a little better, but in this case you also want to edit and render youtube videos. But if you go amd you can get a GTX 770, looks like you got a winner build, i would just try to get a better motherboard, so you could overclock your cpu in 1 or 2 years from now.


Well what do you think about sn1992's reccomendation? I am kind of a big noob in this realm so I just read reviews etc and the gaming aspect of the build is definitely most important so I could risk losing a bit of the editing/rendering capabilities.

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2013 2:17:33 PM

get the built i m sure it will be great
best bang for ur buck
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 2:25:37 PM

Okay I will look a bit more into it and thank you for an educated answer, and also follow up on the build later on.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 3:00:33 PM

jaxdraah said:
chulex67 said:
Check this benchmarks : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...


You want to game, and yet you are going with the AMD route, You are looking at a 1200 budget i think you could do a little better, but in this case you also want to edit and render youtube videos. But if you go amd you can get a GTX 770, looks like you got a winner build, i would just try to get a better motherboard, so you could overclock your cpu in 1 or 2 years from now.


Well what do you think about sn1992's reccomendation? I am kind of a big noob in this realm so I just read reviews etc and the gaming aspect of the build is definitely most important so I could risk losing a bit of the editing/rendering capabilities.



Well about his build, I really dont like the Asrock Motherboard that he choose, its of bad quality, not the brand, but that model its known to have many problems and be often sent back DOA.
The other thing its that here on Tomshardware, we have a law, You always go for the Best Single Gpu you can afford, You never Go sli right away. Why?, First of all Because in 2 or 3 years when your setup starts to slow down, you can always get another Card and go SLI or CROSSFIRE, in this case you would be getting a Single GTX 770 instead of the 2 GTX 760, that way in 2 years you would have a GTX 770 sli, instead of the GTX 760 sli. The Second thing is that Using sli requires good planing on Airflow, because you have 2 Cards Workig togueter the power requirements and the Heat produced on this 2 Cards Would Damage Slowly your build, even when Treated Correctly.

In less Words, I suggest you to get the Best Single Card your money can get you, use sn1992's build just change the motherboard to something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and get this Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Using this motherboard and Videocard will get you the same price, better quality Motherboard and a Future Upgrade path in the Videocard. Anyway you are gonna max every game.
Share
August 2, 2013 3:35:21 PM

chulex67 said:
jaxdraah said:
chulex67 said:
Check this benchmarks : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...


You want to game, and yet you are going with the AMD route, You are looking at a 1200 budget i think you could do a little better, but in this case you also want to edit and render youtube videos. But if you go amd you can get a GTX 770, looks like you got a winner build, i would just try to get a better motherboard, so you could overclock your cpu in 1 or 2 years from now.


Well what do you think about sn1992's reccomendation? I am kind of a big noob in this realm so I just read reviews etc and the gaming aspect of the build is definitely most important so I could risk losing a bit of the editing/rendering capabilities.



Well about his build, I really dont like the Asrock Motherboard that he choose, its of bad quality, not the brand, but that model its known to have many problems and be often sent back DOA.
The other thing its that here on Tomshardware, we have a law, You always go for the Best Single Gpu you can afford, You never Go sli right away. Why?, First of all Because in 2 or 3 years when your setup starts to slow down, you can always get another Card and go SLI or CROSSFIRE, in this case you would be getting a Single GTX 770 instead of the 2 GTX 760, that way in 2 years you would have a GTX 770 sli, instead of the GTX 760 sli. The Second thing is that Using sli requires good planing on Airflow, because you have 2 Cards Workig togueter the power requirements and the Heat produced on this 2 Cards Would Damage Slowly your build, even when Treated Correctly.

In less Words, I suggest you to get the Best Single Card your money can get you, use sn1992's build just change the motherboard to something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and get this Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Using this motherboard and Videocard will get you the same price, better quality Motherboard and a Future Upgrade path in the Videocard. Anyway you are gonna max every game.

Very true, I understand now and I think I am going to go with the single 770 since it seems like a more logistic choice, thank you very much for all of your contributions!! :D  Hopefully another 770 will be added in a year or two!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2013 6:04:47 PM

jaxdraah said:
chulex67 said:
jaxdraah said:
chulex67 said:
Check this benchmarks : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...


You want to game, and yet you are going with the AMD route, You are looking at a 1200 budget i think you could do a little better, but in this case you also want to edit and render youtube videos. But if you go amd you can get a GTX 770, looks like you got a winner build, i would just try to get a better motherboard, so you could overclock your cpu in 1 or 2 years from now.


Well what do you think about sn1992's reccomendation? I am kind of a big noob in this realm so I just read reviews etc and the gaming aspect of the build is definitely most important so I could risk losing a bit of the editing/rendering capabilities.



Well about his build, I really dont like the Asrock Motherboard that he choose, its of bad quality, not the brand, but that model its known to have many problems and be often sent back DOA.
The other thing its that here on Tomshardware, we have a law, You always go for the Best Single Gpu you can afford, You never Go sli right away. Why?, First of all Because in 2 or 3 years when your setup starts to slow down, you can always get another Card and go SLI or CROSSFIRE, in this case you would be getting a Single GTX 770 instead of the 2 GTX 760, that way in 2 years you would have a GTX 770 sli, instead of the GTX 760 sli. The Second thing is that Using sli requires good planing on Airflow, because you have 2 Cards Workig togueter the power requirements and the Heat produced on this 2 Cards Would Damage Slowly your build, even when Treated Correctly.

In less Words, I suggest you to get the Best Single Card your money can get you, use sn1992's build just change the motherboard to something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and get this Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Using this motherboard and Videocard will get you the same price, better quality Motherboard and a Future Upgrade path in the Videocard. Anyway you are gonna max every game.

Very true, I understand now and I think I am going to go with the single 770 since it seems like a more logistic choice, thank you very much for all of your contributions!! :D  Hopefully another 770 will be added in a year or two!


glad to be of help good luck budy
m
0
l
!