Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

How can i make my iPod Touch 4g run as fast as it used to?

Tags:
  • iPod Touch
  • iPod
  • iOS
  • Apple
Last response: in Mac Os X
August 2, 2013 2:08:02 PM

So lately my iPod Touch 4g 32gb has been running extremely slow and laggy. Literally almost every app i try to use crashes a short while after i start using it or open it, even Safari and Chrome. Its gotten unbearable and its like i cant even use it anymore. I cant get a 5th gen or an iphone right now unfortunately. Ive already tied restarting it and turning it on and off all the way . Its not jailbroken either. It used to be so much faster and smoother running, what can i do to make it like it used to be and run quicker and less laggy? Any help is greatly appreciated!

More about : make ipod touch run fast

August 2, 2013 2:21:14 PM

I don't own an iPod Touch personally, but your problem sounds like a major software corruption. I would investigate these options:

1. Upgrade device FIRMWARE

2. UPDATE to newer version of iOS if possible (iOS 6 I believe; I think it's worked out okay)

3. REINSTALL the newest version of iOS if possible.

As a PC user, when my brother-in-law had issues on his iPhone, I said "just reinstall the OS" which we then found out was almost impossible.

I don't have time to investigate further but I think it possible you need to reinstall the Operating System. I hope that's not too hard. If you're still on iOS 5 though I'd consider going to version 6 first.
m
0
l
August 2, 2013 2:39:02 PM

photonboy said:
I don't own an iPod Touch personally, but your problem sounds like a major software corruption. I would investigate these options:

1. Upgrade device FIRMWARE

2. UPDATE to newer version of iOS if possible (iOS 6 I believe; I think it's worked out okay)

3. REINSTALL the newest version of iOS if possible.

As a PC user, when my brother-in-law had issues on his iPhone, I said "just reinstall the OS" which we then found out was almost impossible.

I don't have time to investigate further but I think it possible you need to reinstall the Operating System. I hope that's not too hard. If you're still on iOS 5 though I'd consider going to version 6 first.


Im already updated to the latest firmware for the 4th generation, iOS 6.1.3. As long as its an apple device, its basically impossible to simply re install the firmware or OS. So since i cant do anything you suggested, im still stuck:( 
m
0
l
Related resources
August 4, 2013 10:55:21 AM

DarkDubzs said:
photonboy said:
I don't own an iPod Touch personally, but your problem sounds like a major software corruption. I would investigate these options:

1. Upgrade device FIRMWARE

2. UPDATE to newer version of iOS if possible (iOS 6 I believe; I think it's worked out okay)

3. REINSTALL the newest version of iOS if possible.

As a PC user, when my brother-in-law had issues on his iPhone, I said "just reinstall the OS" which we then found out was almost impossible.

I don't have time to investigate further but I think it possible you need to reinstall the Operating System. I hope that's not too hard. If you're still on iOS 5 though I'd consider going to version 6 first.


Im already updated to the latest firmware for the 4th generation, iOS 6.1.3. As long as its an apple device, its basically impossible to simply re install the firmware or OS. So since i cant do anything you suggested, im still stuck:( 


You should probably go to an APPLE forum for this question.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 17, 2013 6:04:42 AM

DarkDubzs said:
So lately my iPod Touch 4g 32gb has been running extremely slow and laggy. Literally almost every app i try to use crashes a short while after i start using it or open it, even Safari and Chrome. Its gotten unbearable and its like i cant even use it anymore. I cant get a 5th gen or an iphone right now unfortunately. Ive already tied restarting it and turning it on and off all the way . Its not jailbroken either. It used to be so much faster and smoother running, what can i do to make it like it used to be and run quicker and less laggy? Any help is greatly appreciated!

dude ios 6.1 is not suitable for ipod touch 4G. Best if u downgrade ur software back to ios 5.1.1 and your ipod will be buttery smooth again. here is the link
http://www.ijailbreak.com/news/download-ios-5-1-1-firmw...
see for instructions by looking different articles how to route..!!
Have fun.!:D 
yogesh
Share
November 20, 2013 9:25:38 AM

My iPod Touch 4g is the same since I upgraded to ios 6. I can't find a way to downgrade to ios 5.1.1 since I don't have any shsh blobs saved. Is there still a way to do this, I hate it not running smooth as it used to. Apple made a mistake supporting an upgrade to ios 6 for iPod Touch 4g users. :( 
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 10:31:37 AM

Back up your ipod using iTunes. Then restore it. Then put the backup back onto it. I know it sounds like you will be in the same place you were before but trust me, it will really speed things up. And if that doesn't work, clear your history, delete some apps, and if you jailbreak it you can get an app called "iClean" which will REALLY speed things up on ios 5 or 6.
m
1
l
January 5, 2014 1:57:21 AM

I've got an itouch 4g and the best solution I know is just restore it. I just restored my ipod touch and it is much faster....
m
-1
l
January 30, 2014 8:54:30 AM

I also own an ipod 4g i was alao facing the same problem.
It is bcoz low ram on the ipod it cant function very efficiently or smoothly when two or more apps are continuesly
It is obvious that it will be laggy & slow
I would recommend to restore your ipod compeletly and upgrade if not upgraded & try to run less apps at the same time.
m
-1
l
March 11, 2014 8:58:21 PM

kevrin said:
My iPod Touch 4g is the same since I upgraded to ios 6. I can't find a way to downgrade to ios 5.1.1 since I don't have any shsh blobs saved. Is there still a way to do this, I hate it not running smooth as it used to. Apple made a mistake supporting an upgrade to ios 6 for iPod Touch 4g users. :( 




youtube it...download the firmware you want from apple...with "redsnow" you can change to any firmware you want by selecting extras , select ipsw and selext you downloaded firmware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hHoSmPE-Y
m
-1
l
May 9, 2014 6:37:09 AM

DarkDubzs said:
photonboy said:
I don't own an iPod Touch personally, but your problem sounds like a major software corruption. I would investigate these options:

1. Upgrade device FIRMWARE

2. UPDATE to newer version of iOS if possible (iOS 6 I believe; I think it's worked out okay)

3. REINSTALL the newest version of iOS if possible.

As a PC user, when my brother-in-law had issues on his iPhone, I said "just reinstall the OS" which we then found out was almost impossible.

I don't have time to investigate further but I think it possible you need to reinstall the Operating System. I hope that's not too hard. If you're still on iOS 5 though I'd consider going to version 6 first.


Im already updated to the latest firmware for the 4th generation, iOS 6.1.3. As long as its an apple device, its basically impossible to simply re install the firmware or OS. So since i cant do anything you suggested, im still stuck:( 

Plug into iTunes and restore iPod back it up first and that downloads the newest iOS and completely wipes the old off and the new on:) 
m
-1
l
June 15, 2014 8:21:29 AM

Try double tapping your homebutton
Try cleaning your notification center (if it helps)

Hope that works out for u
m
0
l