Solved

Cpu fan error on Amd stock cooler?

Hello, noobie here and I have an Amd fx-6300 with the stock cooler installed and it always shows cpu fan error to the amd fan only, any suggestions?

Thanks! I'll buy an evo soon.
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu fan error amd stock cooler
  1. Is your fan correctly plugged into the CPU pin header on your motherboard (there can be 4 pins, and they can be easy to miss), can you verify it is spinning, and have you looked in BIOS or used software such as Hardware Monitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html to verify the speed of your fan?
  2. Maybe there is some dust in cooler
    Or maybe its not installed properly


    And good choice evo is a great cooler
  3. There's a big chance that the fan is really not working properly. Buy an aftermarket IF your temps are getting really high. Monitor your temps first before you spend for an aftermarket cooler. But if you will OC, then get the Hyper 212.
  4. bigpinkdragon286 said:
    Is your fan correctly plugged into the CPU pin header on your motherboard (there can be 4 pins, and they can be easy to miss), can you verify it is spinning, and have you looked in BIOS or used software such as Hardware Monitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html to verify the speed of your fan?


    Well my OS won't be arriving until monday and it is spinning at like 2000 rpm for some reason
  5. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Maybe there is some dust in cooler
    Or maybe its not installed properly


    And good choice evo is a great cooler


    I'll check it again and yup the evo was already planned.
  6. Yeah check it reinstall it
    Dissable amd cool n quite from bios and if that not works get a h212 evo
  7. Sn1992, why would you disable Cool'n'Quiet for a fan error? That will cause the processor to produce more heat which will need to be dissipated.
  8. no it increases the heatsink performance
  9. Are you trolling? Cool'n'Quiet deals with processor's clocking, not it's cooling fan.
  10. no it just let the speeds of the fan to reach maximum
  11. Best answer
    Make sure that you connect the CPU fan to CPU_FAN and not CHA1_FAN.
  12. bnot said:
    Make sure that you connect the CPU fan to CPU_FAN and not CHA1_FAN.


    HAHA, I thought the one that's seperated from the cpu fan connectors is the cpu fan header, then I realized it was clustered within the group. Thanks for all your help, I don't know who to pick the best answer here, sorry. :)
  13. just pick anyone u feel like

    the posst need to be closed
  14. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    just pick anyone u feel like

    the posst need to be closed


    Oh ok, I think I'll go with Dolan, but really, thanks for all your help. That's why I love this website.
  15. Sure
    We are here to help u all
  16. dawggg75 said:
    bnot said:
    Make sure that you connect the CPU fan to CPU_FAN and not CHA1_FAN.


    HAHA, I thought the one that's seperated from the cpu fan connectors is the cpu fan header, then I realized it was clustered within the group. Thanks for all your help, I don't know who to pick the best answer here, sorry. :)

    Hehe... no problem. That actually happened to me too, I've installed in rush :). Then when I looked closer I saw that I've connected the cooler to chassis controller
  17. bnot said:
    dawggg75 said:
    bnot said:
    Make sure that you connect the CPU fan to CPU_FAN and not CHA1_FAN.


    HAHA, I thought the one that's seperated from the cpu fan connectors is the cpu fan header, then I realized it was clustered within the group. Thanks for all your help, I don't know who to pick the best answer here, sorry. :)

    Hehe... no problem. That actually happened to me too, I've installed in rush :). Then when I looked closer I saw that I've connected the cooler to chassis controller


    Yup, I did install the cooler in a rush. Again, thanks for all the help everyone!
  18. bnot said:
    Make sure that you connect the CPU fan to CPU_FAN and not CHA1_FAN.


    Best solution. Haha.
    I had the same problem and found out that my connection is wrong. Kudos. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling AMD