Solved

FX-6350 OC Temps okay?

I recently purchased a FX-6350 with a ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (is this an okay board to do a mild oc with?) and I wanted to know if these were safe temperatures for my CPU.

My current OC is 4.2ghz and I don't really want to overdo the OC so this is probably as high as I will go.

When running prime 95 on blend for about 2 hours my CPU temp is at 50-53c. I am using a Hyper 212 EVO with 2 Noctua NF-P12 fans in Push pull and I used Arctic Silver 5 (pea method) thermal compound.

Thanks for your time!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6350 temps
  1. Best answer
    Yes asus board have quality components u can do that o.c. With it
    And ur temps are good as they are way under tjmax(70) andremember u r on 4.2 o.c. So at that they r really good temps with prime95
    All thanks to hyper212 and AS5 compound
    So no wrries there
  2. I agree with Sn1992 that board and the gigabye ud3 are the only 970 chipset motherboards id attempt a decent oc on and 50c is good being that the cpu will not reach that kind of load with regular use so unless long term gaming u could prob hit 4.4 and be fine but if its going good no reason to mess with it lol
  3. Safe temperatures under the TJ Max. Nothing to worry about.
  4. I hit 4.4ghz with my fx6350 on a msi 970a g43 board, ran stability test for 5 hours using amd overdrive, all good, h100i cooling, full load temps hit 52c max, i probably need more fans n my 600t corsair case as i took the top 240mm fan out of the top for the radiAtor( push pull)
  5. On stock voltage at that, i have a fx4300 sitting around with a ga 970a ds3 board, so if i fry the msi mb and fx6350, no worries%) but im sure alls good after a 5 hour stability test ,
  6. On stock voltage at that, i have a fx4300 sitting around with a ga 970a ds3 board, so if i fry the msi mb and fx6350, no worries%) but im sure alls good after a 5 hour stability test ,
  7. How do i post pics for proof?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus CPUs