360 headset not working on pc

G

so I plug in the wired controller and I also plug in the headset to the controller. all the drivers downloaded fine and when I bring up the mic in windows settings it recognizes it and also can hear and record my voice. the problem is when I play a game such as cod the mic isn't working and when other people talk it comes out through the speakers and not the headset.

Solution
I think this come down to the games compatibility to utilize the mic through the controller. Of which I don't recall any PC games that utilize that function through an Xbox 360 controller so you might simply be out of luck. Usually most would use a headset or mic directly connected to the PC for this exact reason.

Even if the game utilizes the 360 control perfectly and maps the buttons and recognizes them as such in probably most cases the game won't be optimized or coded to utilize the mic through the controller port. Meaning you may need to find an option that plugs directly into your PC not your controller since the PC game is not coded to use this 360 controller function. Hope that answers your question.
:bounce:
G

Yeah i thought that also. I tried every in game settings that have to do with the mic and still nothing

The Kasafist

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Dang its to help with this one unless I'm there could it be in the wrong port perhaps tryt he speaker port instead of the mic port maybe it actually runs through the other or vice-versa?!?!

G

Im confused. Are you saying plug it into the speaker plug? Cause i cant do that cause its a 360 mic connected to the controller

The Kasafist

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I think this come down to the games compatibility to utilize the mic through the controller. Of which I don't recall any PC games that utilize that function through an Xbox 360 controller so you might simply be out of luck. Usually most would use a headset or mic directly connected to the PC for this exact reason.

Even if the game utilizes the 360 control perfectly and maps the buttons and recognizes them as such in probably most cases the game won't be optimized or coded to utilize the mic through the controller port. Meaning you may need to find an option that plugs directly into your PC not your controller since the PC game is not coded to use this 360 controller function. Hope that answers your question.
:bounce:

Solution