Solved

Coolermaster Haf-XB AIR FLOW

I'm Building New Computer using the HAF-XB Case but i'm very confused about the best air flow. I Will be using a NZXT Kraken x60 on the front with two 140mm prolimatech alluminium vortex, 1 noctua 120mm NF-P12 at the back, 2 noctua NF-R8 80mm on bottom and 1 bitfenix spectre pro 200mm on top but i don't know if i should go back to front, front to back or front and back to top air flow. very confused.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about coolermaster haf air flow
  1. Best answer
    i would do

    2 x 140mm front as intake

    1 x 120mm rear as intake

    200mm top as exhaust

    not sure you need 2 80mm on bottom but if so those as intake
  2. djm92 said:
    I'm Building New Computer using the HAF-XB Case but i'm very confused about the best air flow. I Will be using a NZXT Kraken x60 on the front with two 140mm prolimatech alluminium vortex, 1 noctua 120mm NF-P12 at the back, 2 noctua NF-R8 80mm on bottom and 1 bitfenix spectre pro 200mm on top but i don't know if i should go back to front, front to back or front and back to top air flow. very confused.




    did you buy the case? or are you still planing ?
  3. mcnumpty23 said:
    i would do

    2 x 140mm front as intake

    1 x 120mm rear as intake

    200mm top as exhaust

    not sure you need 2 80mm on bottom but if so those as intake


    So take it all out the Top. Thats what i was thinking. sounds good. The case has Two 80mm slots on bottom so might as well put them in
  4. SNA3 said:
    djm92 said:
    I'm Building New Computer using the HAF-XB Case but i'm very confused about the best air flow. I Will be using a NZXT Kraken x60 on the front with two 140mm prolimatech alluminium vortex, 1 noctua 120mm NF-P12 at the back, 2 noctua NF-R8 80mm on bottom and 1 bitfenix spectre pro 200mm on top but i don't know if i should go back to front, front to back or front and back to top air flow. very confused.




    did you buy the case? or are you still planing ?


    Planning to very soon. hopefully my Antec 1200 case sells online
  5. djm92 said:
    SNA3 said:
    djm92 said:
    I'm Building New Computer using the HAF-XB Case but i'm very confused about the best air flow. I Will be using a NZXT Kraken x60 on the front with two 140mm prolimatech alluminium vortex, 1 noctua 120mm NF-P12 at the back, 2 noctua NF-R8 80mm on bottom and 1 bitfenix spectre pro 200mm on top but i don't know if i should go back to front, front to back or front and back to top air flow. very confused.




    did you buy the case? or are you still planing ?


    Planning to very soon. hopefully my Antec 1200 case sells online


    Have you looked at the Corsair air ? is similar design but alot better

    http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case.html



  6. The HAF XB is a testbench/case the corsair is a midtower with the psu and HDD bays removed from the traditional spots and slapped on the side making it a wider than taller case, Looks nice but nothing like the HAF XB which has hot swap bays, removable motherboard tray and is easy to carry (easier than a traditional case) as it has handles :D

    (still i do like the look of the case above, but i don't like optical drives on their sides)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Noctua Computers NZXT Systems Cases