Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Problem with Sata ports on Dell Inspiron 531s

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 3, 2013 5:22:19 PM

Hi all I have a Dell Inspiron 531s motherboard ASUS M2N61-AX and my problem is I can only get 2 of the Sata ports to work. I'm trying to plug in 2 hard drives and a Dvd drive. If I plug in the hard drives to Sata 0 and 1 they will work but the DVD drive will not. If I plug in the DVD drive into Sata 0 and a hard drive into Sata 1 it works but the other hard drive won't. The BIOS isn't recognizing anything in SATA 2 or 3. Also the sata cables I'm using all work.

Thanks any help is appreciated.
a b V Motherboard
August 3, 2013 6:07:06 PM

Dell BIOS's usually have any unused sata ports disabled - check bios
m
0
l
August 3, 2013 6:25:23 PM

apache_lives said:
Dell BIOS's usually have any unused sata ports disabled - check bios

Yeah I was looking the older stuff is confusing to me. I see on the main screen Sata 0 and 1, but nothing in Sata 2 and 3. When I go to Sata options it just has group options and boot orders. There was an option for Sata 1, Sata 1 and 2 (or Sata 1+2 i can't remember), and raid. Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 3, 2013 9:58:01 PM

Cody Horton said:
apache_lives said:
Dell BIOS's usually have any unused sata ports disabled - check bios

Yeah I was looking the older stuff is confusing to me. I see on the main screen Sata 0 and 1, but nothing in Sata 2 and 3. When I go to Sata options it just has group options and boot orders. There was an option for Sata 1, Sata 1 and 2 (or Sata 1+2 i can't remember), and raid. Thanks


For this kind of problem post at Dell Community Forum, Dell mods have access to BIOS screens, it would be more help there.
It is difficult to help without seen things.
If you do, drop a link here - i will bump your post there to get more attention if needed.

Just another 2 cents.
Share
August 4, 2013 5:35:24 AM

Kisianik said:
Cody Horton said:
apache_lives said:
Dell BIOS's usually have any unused sata ports disabled - check bios

Yeah I was looking the older stuff is confusing to me. I see on the main screen Sata 0 and 1, but nothing in Sata 2 and 3. When I go to Sata options it just has group options and boot orders. There was an option for Sata 1, Sata 1 and 2 (or Sata 1+2 i can't remember), and raid. Thanks


For this kind of problem post at Dell Community Forum, Dell mods have access to BIOS screens, it would be more help there.
It is difficult to help without seen things.
If you do, drop a link here - i will bump your post there to get more attention if needed.

Just another 2 cents.

Alright thanks here's the link http://
I'll mark you as solving the problem if it gets answered there and post the solution here. Thanks again.

m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2013 9:26:57 AM

Quote:
I'll mark you as solving the problem if it gets answered there and post the solution here. Thanks again.


LOL.

Lets wait until Monday - working week, most activities happened there Monday to Friday.
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 9:56:09 AM

Kisianik said:
Quote:
I'll mark you as solving the problem if it gets answered there and post the solution here. Thanks again.


LOL.

Lets wait until Monday - working week, most activities happened there Monday to Friday.

Actually I found the answer here Answer It's so weird how they word things and set them up (Dell or just old mobos) Thanks.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2013 10:04:51 AM

Are you OK, or you need missing picture of RobinBredin?
Dell manuals were updated this year and all old links vanished, that is why you can not see anything.
m
0
l
!