Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

This is my build, Is it good? Expert needed.

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 3, 2013 9:27:34 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jtgrimes/saved/22et

This is my PC Build and I was wondering if an Expert could help me improve it or fix it in any way. I cannot spend anymore money than that this is already over my budget. Thanks a lot!
August 3, 2013 9:44:19 PM

if ur planning on gaming or doing stressing jobs for the computer, then you would need a better psu
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 344 K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 9:47:36 PM

Sweet! Fantastic mobo/CPU combo (of course I'd say that since it's the same as mine ;)  ) Seriously, looks like a good build, think you'll be happy!
Share
Related resources
August 3, 2013 9:56:22 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Sweet! Fantastic mobo/CPU combo (of course I'd say that since it's the same as mine ;)  ) Seriously, looks like a good build, think you'll be happy!



Great! I was pretty sure it was a good build but you just made me positive. Thanks a bunch!
m
0
l
a c 344 K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 9:57:54 PM

No problem, can prob close the thread out ;) 
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 10:28:53 PM

hello

here is a better build

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sna/saved/26b5

here is what I did ,

1- Haswell , z87

2- GTX 770 !!

3- better mobo with cool sound

4- 750 watts power cheaprr

5- removed the SSD (you can add that later , 770 GTX better

6- lowered RAM to 4G , you can make them 8G later by adding 4 or 12 G by adding 8

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sna/saved/26b5

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($63.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Quick Fire Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard ($74.99 @ TigerDirect)
Total: $1171.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-04 01:28 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a c 344 K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 10:35:34 PM

An MSI mobo, wouldn't touch it, the MSI people don't even have faith in their own mobos (and I haven't for about 4 years now)
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 10:43:35 PM

Tradesman1 said:
An MSI mobo, wouldn't touch it, the MSI people don't even have faith in their own mobos (and I haven't for about 4 years now)


why ? I used MSI mobos without any problems for 15 years ...

plus if he wants can change it to Asrock z87 at the same price .. or even Gigabyte .. the most important is that he gets 770GTX , instead of wasting money on SSD that he can get later
m
0
l
a c 344 K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 11:21:46 PM

Why? Seriously, he HAS to get a 770, because YOU said so...and on what do you base the assumption to tell someone what he HAS to do? I'm just asking here? DO you have any idea what this systemm is going to be used for? I don't, I looked at the components and know it will be a good all round build that should fill whatever needs he may have. It's threads like this that drive me crazy, everybody and their brother telling people what they HAVE to get, what they NEED, etc...For all anyone knows his biggest need may be for pulling large data sets off the drive, video, images, GIS data, CAD, etc....yet knowing nothing you impose and start saying what he/she has to do...from the looks of your suggestion it's strictly aimed at gaming, yet only 4GB of DRAM?

And I too used MSI for years, until quality started to slide, back around 2007/8 and got progressively worse, sales went flat and started sliding while Asus, and GB forged ahead, and the ASRock got it's presence known and in basically 3 three years passed MSI as the number 3 in sales where it remains (and continues to increase sales) while MSI continues it's backward trend.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
August 3, 2013 11:34:43 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Why? Seriously, he HAS to get a 770, because YOU said so...and on what do you base the assumption to tell someone what he HAS to do? I'm just asking here? DO you have any idea what this systemm is going to be used for? I don't, I looked at the components and know it will be a good all round build that should fill whatever needs he may have. It's threads like this that drive me crazy, everybody and their brother telling people what they HAVE to get, what they NEED, etc...For all anyone knows his biggest need may be for pulling large data sets off the drive, video, images, GIS data, CAD, etc....yet knowing nothing you impose and start saying what he/she has to do...from the looks of your suggestion it's strictly aimed at gaming, yet only 4GB of DRAM?

And I too used MSI for years, until quality started to slide, back around 2007/8 and got progressively worse, sales went flat and started sliding while Asus, and GB forged ahead, and the ASRock got it's presence known and in basically 3 three years passed MSI as the number 3 in sales where it remains (and continues to increase sales) while MSI continues it's backward trend.


I Just gave him my advice , and we were writing at the same time .. no offence . you have your opinion and I have mine , and it is up to him to choose :) 

I did not say to him what he HAS to do , I gave an advice only ... he can take it or leave it ..

and yes 4G of ram , then 30$ comes in he makes them 8 G in a week or one month :)  , I explained that as well .

I used all brands ... all of them failed one or two times .. last year Asus was really bad alot of Motherboards I Returned .. but it is just luck I guess .. look at MSI Lightning Card or TF , they have good engineers ...

I dont boycott ...

and again read it again , I did not impose anything , only said " a better build" where did I say to him YOU MUST take that :)  ?

and again we were writing at the same time so I didnt mean anything

m
0
l
a c 344 K Overclocking
August 4, 2013 12:05:13 AM

" the most important is that he gets 770GTX , instead of wasting money on SSD that he can get later"

now you're saying yeah 4GB now get the rest later, part of my systems business is building computers, and I have no customers, that come wanting a partial system and then add this in a month or two and then add this another month or so later.....

If that's your approach fine, and I find very few who put down a proposal of specs, that are even slightly taken with being told it's all wrong, especially if I don't even ask what they plan to do with it...

I mean really, why stop at kicking the price of his choice of GPU up $150, and stripping him of RAM and an SSD - and saying just buy those later (that still raises the budget drastically, so why not kicjk it up another notch and tell him he has to get a Titan now and can just buy all the rest a little at a time over the next year or so?
m
0
l
!