Solved

Gaming HP Laptop with only 6gb Ram good?

Hey Community, i have a question to ask. I am in need of a good laptop for gaming and I came across one that looks nice and is affordable, but I want to know if its good or not. I'm currently looking into buying a HP Pavillion g7-2270us 17.3-Inch Laptop. I want to know if 6gb of Ram is average for gaming. The games I will most likely be playing are like Minecraft or steam games. I would like to know if this would be a good investment as I would get it for around $485. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming laptop 6gb ram good
  1. the RAM is not as important as the CPU and GPU
  2. jinayhvora said:
    the RAM is not as important as the CPU and GPU


    Is this good? This is the CPU: Core i3-3110M 2.4 GHz and the GPU (not sure what that is): 2.4 GHz Core i3-3110M or Intel HD Graphics 4000
  3. GPU is another way of saying Graphic card, no that's not a good system for gaming tbh, do u really need a laptop? cuz u can get a much more poweful desktop for the same price
  4. The HD 4000 is an integrated graphics chip from intel. It is not a gaming chip, but it will run some stuff on low.
  5. jinayhvora said:
    GPU is another way of saying Graphic card, no that's not a good system for gaming tbh, do u really need a laptop? cuz u can get a much more poweful desktop for the same price

    So that wouldn't be good for lets say Minecraft? And it would be my personal laptop for shcool but mostly gaming as my family already has a crappy desltop but doens't want to buy a new one
  6. Best answer
    convince them to sell it and get a new one
    anything that u can get for 500$+the money obtained from selling off the old one will easily outperform what that laptop has to offer
  7. jinayhvora said:
    convince them to sell it and get a new one
    anything that u can get for 500$+the money obtained from selling off the old one will easily outperform what that laptop has to offer


    Alright thanks for the help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming HP Laptop