Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is the best pre-built gaming pc?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 4, 2013 6:41:51 AM

Honestly I'm not the best when it comes to computers, especially when it comes to picking one out, since I have no clue about them (Which is why I'm not "building my own"). Well, I'm looking for a computer that I could use for gaming really. Things like Skyrim and Battlefield. If I knew what I was talking about I'd list more details but I'm up for anything that isn't dramatically expensive. It can be in the $1000 just not $2000 if that's even possible.

More about : pre built gaming

a b 4 Gaming
August 4, 2013 6:49:52 AM

Just Need to put the parts together like lego.

Pre-build cost like double as much ...
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 6:52:11 AM

I will have to give it to http://www.xoticpc.com/recon-stage-sovereign-p-4040.htm..., you can adjust the hardware to your liking also(I would recommend upping the graphics processor). But keep in mind that this build, while fine, is still vastly overpriced, as I've built an equivalent build for almost half the price. Could I convince you to build your own pc? I only learned how not so long ago, and it has a number of advantages.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 230 4 Gaming
August 4, 2013 7:46:36 AM

If you buy online, it's then gotta be shipped and handled by gorillas....Id find a local PC shop.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 4, 2013 7:58:53 AM

You managed to find this place, your half way there. Spec your parts out, buy them and build it yourself, you will enjoy doing it and know your machine so upgrading later on will be easy. You can always find all the help you need here if you need it, and save money that way for better parts.
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 8:01:56 AM

endeavour37a said:
You managed to find this place, your half way there. Spec your parts out, buy them and build it yourself, you will enjoy doing it and know your machine so upgrading later on will be easy. You can always find all the help you need here if you need it, and save money that way for better parts.


In addition to this, pcpartpicker is a great place to get acquainted with parts and to compare them
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 12:15:11 PM

I appreciate all of your advice, and I realize building one would be cheaper, but I couldn't even name the parts of a computer, so putting them together isn't really going to be easy.

@fudungi
I checked out the site you recommended, but I don't even know what half those things are.

If there's a "computers for dummies" book out there maybe that'd help but I'd prefer if I could just get a few good names/brands. Sorry if I'm being difficult.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 4, 2013 12:33:06 PM

FlowWalkers said:
I appreciate all of your advice, and I realize building one would be cheaper, but I couldn't even name the parts of a computer, so putting them together isn't really going to be easy.

@fudungi
I checked out the site you recommended, but I don't even know what half those things are.

If there's a "computers for dummies" book out there maybe that'd help but I'd prefer if I could just get a few good names/brands. Sorry if I'm being difficult.


That is OK, plenty of people here to help you. You will learn a lot and really like doing it, building is as much fun as using them. I would be happy to give you a parts list to start out with, then everyone could give advice on what to change to suit your use. When we have a good build for you then your all set to go. You will have a much better machine than buying one, the experience of building it. It is not that hard and am sure you could do it easily.
This way you get exactly what you want, not what some vendor is selling you. Your biggest worry is picking the case, there are so many to chose from. Give us a realistic budget and what you want it to do with it, we can get you going down the right path on good parts.
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 12:45:37 PM

FlowWalkers said:
I appreciate all of your advice, and I realize building one would be cheaper, but I couldn't even name the parts of a computer, so putting them together isn't really going to be easy.

@fudungi
I checked out the site you recommended, but I don't even know what half those things are.

If there's a "computers for dummies" book out there maybe that'd help but I'd prefer if I could just get a few good names/brands. Sorry if I'm being difficult.


a good guide website is www.logicalincrements.com

and for the record, I knew as much as you only about a month ago, it's easy once you realize that a simple computer isn't as complicated as you think
m
0
l
a c 230 4 Gaming
August 4, 2013 1:08:09 PM

FlowWalkers said:
Honestly I'm not the best when it comes to computers, especially when it comes to picking one out, since I have no clue about them (Which is why I'm not "building my own"). Well, I'm looking for a computer that I could use for gaming really. Things like Skyrim and Battlefield. If I knew what I was talking about I'd list more details but I'm up for anything that isn't dramatically expensive. It can be in the $1000 just not $2000 if that's even possible.


OK let's start in the middle:

Case - $260 Corsair 500R Black http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
PSU - price included in above Corsair HX850

Top end case and CPU, case also available in white for same price, PSU is 10.0 jonnyguru rated.

MoBo - $402 - MSI Z87 GD65 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
CPU - Included - Intel Core i5-4670k

Best Z87 MoBo under $200

RAM $80 - (2 x 4GB) Muskin CAS 9 DDR3-1866 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GFX - $400 - MSI Gaming N770 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SSD/HD Hybrid $130 - Seagate Momentus XT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

DVD Writer - $56 - Asus Blue Ray Player / DVD Burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OS - $100 - Win7 or Win8 64 bit OEM

$1428

Because you are a novice at this, I did not use a separate SSD and HD nor include an aftermarket cooler. Later on you can add a 2nd GFX card in SLI or pursue these options as upgrades.



m
0
l
August 4, 2013 1:14:37 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
FlowWalkers said:
Honestly I'm not the best when it comes to computers, especially when it comes to picking one out, since I have no clue about them (Which is why I'm not "building my own"). Well, I'm looking for a computer that I could use for gaming really. Things like Skyrim and Battlefield. If I knew what I was talking about I'd list more details but I'm up for anything that isn't dramatically expensive. It can be in the $1000 just not $2000 if that's even possible.


OK let's start in the middle:

Case - $260 Corsair 500R Black http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
PSU - price included in above Corsair HX850

Top end case and CPU, case also available in white for same price, PSU is 10.0 jonnyguru rated.

MoBo - $402 - MSI Z87 GD65 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
CPU - Included - Intel Core i5-4670k

Best Z87 MoBo under $200

RAM $80 - (2 x 4GB) Muskin CAS 9 DDR3-1866 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GFX - $400 - MSI Gaming N770 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SSD/HD Hybrid $130 - Seagate Momentus XT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

DVD Writer - $56 - Asus Blue Ray Player / DVD Burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OS - $100 - Win7 or Win8 64 bit OEM

$1428

Because you are a novice at this, I did not use a separate SSD and HD nor include an aftermarket cooler. Later on you can add a 2nd GFX card in SLI or pursue these options as upgrades.





This is a great pc, and also the only annoying part of putting together a pc(atleast on my first time) was the wiring, be very careful when you do this, or you might cause permanent damage to your system.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 9:40:31 AM

Only get -k cpu and z87 motherboard if you plan to overlclock.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54570

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h87plus



Choose the hd 7970 for 300$ for the better p/p.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-ax79...

Get 550w psu, better dont add a second gpu, just upgrade to a new one if you need.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb...

Nice case :
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-caph410w1


Get this hdd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
January 27, 2014 5:10:15 AM

If you really do want a budget pre build pc, go to www.originpc.com. Go to their small factor cases ( they arent bad) and go ahoy...
really they are good and give alot. Sorry for a VERY late response...
m
0
l
!