Solved

Around £550 gaming pc setup (First time home build)

Hi, I'm wanting to build a mid range gaming PC for around the price range of £550 (I certainly don't want to go much above it.) I have sorted out a list of components, and wanted to know if there is any way I can get any more bang for buck.

I would prefer to have an Intel build with a Nvidia graphics card. I'm not overly bothered if its not Intel, but I definitely want to go with Nvidia.

I also couldn't care less whether the case has blue flashing lights etc.

I will be using this build primarily for gaming and 3D modelling.

Thanks in advance!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£135.59 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£62.98 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.99 @ Novatech)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.99 @ Novatech)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.96 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card (£112.38 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case (£25.61 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: XFX 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£34.99 @ Maplin Electronics)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
Total: £553.03
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-04 21:03 BST+0100)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 550 gaming setup time home build
  1. Dude !! if you are looking for good build under 550 then you should go with AMD & ATI , it's much cheaper than Intel & Nvidia !

    if you don't mind an AMD build , just tell me , i will build a rig for you at the same price with much better performance for gaming and stuff !!
  2. KareemGT said:
    Dude !! if you are looking for good build under 550 then you should go with AMD & ATI , it's much cheaper than Intel & Nvidia !

    if you don't mind an AMD build , just tell me , i will build a rig for you at the same price with much better performance for gaming and stuff !!


    Thanks for answering :D

    I want to build the PC myself, what I'm really looking for is ways to improve my part list. Having looked it up a bit more, I'm no longer worried about the brands :P, AMD & ATI is fine. I just now want to know an improved part list for a similar price.
  3. Best answer
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor (£98.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.24 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.96 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.39 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£119.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£58.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £540.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:01 BST+0100)
  4. DracoSense said:
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor (£98.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.24 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.96 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.39 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£119.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£58.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £540.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:01 BST+0100)


    Thanks Draco, what kind of performance would you expect from this build (fps rates on popular games etc.)
  5. A MaccyF-1380880 said:
    DracoSense said:
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor (£98.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.24 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.96 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.39 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£119.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£58.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £540.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:01 BST+0100)


    Thanks Draco, what kind of performance would you expect from this build (fps rates on popular games etc.)

    Not 100% sure
    Most games on High you may get 40-60fps
    Ultra maybe 30-40fps.
    Though i am saying the mininum i think. It will probably turn out a lot better, both cpu and gpu are top notch especially for a budget. (AMD are much better in my opinion)
    I think the key seller is the 6 core processor, thats just amazing, i feel that maybe the 7850 needs 2GB instead of 1GB so if you can spend more, upgrade to 2GB.
  6. DracoSense said:
    A MaccyF-1380880 said:
    DracoSense said:
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor (£98.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.24 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.96 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.39 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£119.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£58.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £540.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:01 BST+0100)


    Thanks Draco, what kind of performance would you expect from this build (fps rates on popular games etc.)

    Not 100% sure
    Most games on High you may get 40-60fps
    Ultra maybe 30-40fps.
    Though i am saying the mininum i think. It will probably turn out a lot better, both cpu and gpu are top notch especially for a budget. (AMD are much better in my opinion)
    I think the key seller is the 6 core processor, thats just amazing, i feel that maybe the 7850 needs 2GB instead of 1GB so if you can spend more, upgrade to 2GB.



    Sounds good, thanks very much, I just wish I had that bit extra money for the 2gb card :(
  7. DracoSense said:
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oqFR/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor (£98.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.24 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.96 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.39 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£119.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£58.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £540.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:01 BST+0100)


    Just bought the parts XD
Ask a new question

Read More

System Builder Gaming Build Homebuilt Systems