Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Can my motherboard support a Hybrid PhysX setup?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Support
  • Physx
Last response: in Motherboards
August 4, 2013 1:17:45 PM

I want to know if i can use another card for physx without slowing my main card down. Like right now i think it runs at 16x. Would adding an other card make both cards run at 8x speeds?

My specs:
fx4100 @ 4.4ghz
7850 2gb
asrock 970 extreme3
128gb ocz vector
1tb hard drive
650w psu

My physX card would be a gtx 260

More about : motherboard support hybrid physx setup

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2013 1:20:58 PM

unfortunately, nvidia drivers no longer allow physx support in sync with an amd card. And to answer your question- no it would only share the bandwidth 8x-8x when in crossfire mode.
Share
August 4, 2013 1:24:20 PM

shamsmu said:
unfortunately, nvidia drivers no longer allow physx support in sync with an amd card. And to answer your question- no it would only share the bandwidth 8x-8x when in crossfire mode.


That sucks. Are there any hack drivers i can use?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2013 1:26:14 PM

ap1991 said:


That sucks. Are there any hack drivers i can use?


there are some if you want to look it up, but they are not free of bugs
m
0
l
August 4, 2013 1:29:20 PM

I might look into. You think my 650w psu would be powerful enough? My 7850 is overclocked aswell so im not sure how much wattage I can spare.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2013 1:50:31 PM

ap1991 said:
I might look into. You think my 650w psu would be powerful enough? My 7850 is overclocked aswell so im not sure how much wattage I can spare.


650w is enough to run 3xhd7850 so yeah it should be enough regardless of what nvidia card you plan on using
m
0
l