Solved

Installing a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card N660 TF 2GD5/OC

i am looking to buy a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card N660 TF 2GD5/OC.

My machine is a Studio Xps 8100
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 2.93GHz 8gb RAM.

Are there any conflicts between the two? I dont understand hardware very well.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about installing msi nvidia geforce gtx 660 2gb gddr5 pci express graphics card n660 2gd5
  1. Best answer
    No there shouldn't be, as long as the card fits in the case then you will be fine
  2. patrick47018 said:
    No there shouldn't be, as long as the card fits in the case then you will be fine


    Some .pdf tutorials say it needs two 6-pin PCI Express power adapters, does this model need one?
  3. No it looks like it only needs one, you can see where the power plug goes right?
  4. patrick47018 said:
    No it looks like it only needs one, you can see where the power plug goes right?


    I haven't bought the card yet. So no.
  5. Well that model card only needs one, when ordering it from a site just look at the pictures of it and look for the power plug, you will see it then
  6. patrick47018 said:
    Well that model card only needs one, when ordering it from a site just look at the pictures of it and look for the power plug, you will see it then


    I just found a 6-pin power cord inside of my computer. connected on one end to somewhere i cant see. but that seemed to have solved the problem by itself. Guess i dont need to buy a cord now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics