EVGA Superclocked Geforce GTX 660 2 GB $169.99

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO $33.99

G. skill Ripjaws 8GB 2x4 1333 $61.19

Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard drive $59.99

Corsair CX600M 80 plus Bronze $59.99

Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue edition $159.99

Win 7 64 bit OEM $79.99

$745.13 + mobo

1. This build has gotten started and i can quickly learn more about computers once the parts arrive.
Over the next 1-2 years i plan to upgrade to a i7 k and get a mobo which i can OC get at least a gtx 760 or higher and add a SSD.
2. My main question right now is sometimes i will have to run on Wifi and sometimes i will be in range of an Ethernet cord... Does the mobo come with an ethernet connection? And what do i need to run internal wifi at a solid speed?
I only play WoW on a crap laptop through Wifi atm so i dont feel i will have a issue with the pc on Wifi for my needs. Or would it be better to run like a 20ft ethernet cable to the room with my router?

Solution
i think most all of them, have ethernet (ive never seen one without). as far as wifi, there are a couple options, i might recommend a wireless pci card to stick into your motherboard, although i believe you can get a usb wireless dongle if you want
ethernet i think should usually be faster and its not like a desktop will move so it might be better to run the cable

i'd recommend dropping the case to something cheaper, like fractal r4, and then put that money towards a better motherboard and maybe a better psu
for mobo i recommend looking at an asrock extreme 4, if you want to spend a bit more on it maybe look at asus p8z77-v (this one actually comes with an attachable wireless module)
as for psu, look at tx, or even hx if you want to...

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
i think most all of them, have ethernet (ive never seen one without). as far as wifi, there are a couple options, i might recommend a wireless pci card to stick into your motherboard, although i believe you can get a usb wireless dongle if you want
ethernet i think should usually be faster and its not like a desktop will move so it might be better to run the cable

i'd recommend dropping the case to something cheaper, like fractal r4, and then put that money towards a better motherboard and maybe a better psu
for mobo i recommend looking at an asrock extreme 4, if you want to spend a bit more on it maybe look at asus p8z77-v (this one actually comes with an attachable wireless module)
as for psu, look at tx, or even hx if you want to spend the money
if you want to pay the extra money, you may want to get the i7 now so you dont have to go through the annoying process of switching it out later. maybe hold of on gpu purchase to pay for that and then buy the gpu when you have the money
what exactly do you want the i7 for? if this is just a gaming computer you won't really need it for the games

Solution