Little help with FX-8350 cooling and case

Thiago de Oliveira

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hello, everyone! I'm having a little trouble finding a good cooler to fit my Elite 431 case. As I live in Brazil, none of the recommended coolers here on THW are available (212 evo for instance). So, here are my specs so far:

FX-8350
Case Coolermaster ATX Elite 431 Plus
Mobo: GigaByte GA-990XA-UD3

I'm thinking about overclocking a little bit (@4.4 probably). I was thinking about the Evercool Buffalo cooler (http://www.evercool.com.tw/products/hpf.htm). Do you guys think it would fit my case + processor? And would it handle a little overclocking?

I was also thinking about the Corsair h80i. Would it fit? Does it require a lot of maintenance? Should I get more fans or the h80i only would suffice?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
Both will fix

I would reccomend h80i coolers with stock fans and you are good to go to 4.5

And these liquid coolers are closed loop coolers which means they does not need any addition to them u need not to maintain them by adding liquid

A average life of closed loop liquid cooler is 5 years

Try if u can get nzxt x40 if its available there otherwise h80 would be your best choice

gbryan101

Honorable
May 28, 2013
The Evercool has a height of 142.7mm and your case supports up to 192mm tall coolers, so you should be fine. I don't have much advice on picking out a cooler for you given that I live in the U.S. and what is available is going to be very different.

Both will fix

I would reccomend h80i coolers with stock fans and you are good to go to 4.5

And these liquid coolers are closed loop coolers which means they does not need any addition to them u need not to maintain them by adding liquid

A average life of closed loop liquid cooler is 5 years

Try if u can get nzxt x40 if its available there otherwise h80 would be your best choice

Solution

Thiago de Oliveira

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

The h80i would fit the Elite 431 then? One thing: I'll buy the processor without stock coolers, that's why I'm asking if I should buy any additional ones. I believe the case comes with coolers though.

Azrael47

Distinguished
The H80i is a good cooler and will certainly allow you to overclock. It has a thicker radiator than the H60 meaning that CPU temperatures are ultimately cooler. The stock fans that come with the H80i are very loud and even though they are part of the SP series they still make a racket. The H80 is better than the Evo 212 and I would recommend it. It will fit and requires NO maintenance apart from being dusted every so often. There are NO compatibility issues

Remember to select a solution in this thread!

The Antec Kuhler 620 and Corsair H60 are plenty for cooling solutions, if you are resourceful enough you will get extra mounting screws and do a push/pull configuration with either and you will do 4.5ghz easily.

If you go heatsink and fan, coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, Hyper 412 and TPC 812 are all good cooling solutions, The Zalman CNPS 11 Extreme or the BeQuiet Dark Rock coolers are fantastic.