Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which parts to upgrade 400$ budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 5, 2013 9:26:09 AM

hello there,

I want to upgrade my current pc for about 400$. i do alot of gaming ;
this is what i currently have:
MSI 760GM-p33
4 gigs ddr3 1333mhz
AMD Phenom 2 x4 840 (3.2Ghz)
Radeon HD5770 1gb HIS edition
500GB seagate barracuda 7200rpm
MS-Tech CA-0300 Stingray SE Case
and Silenzio Power 600 Watt


any advice would be helpful :D 
~Smallbeans

(update, i had my PSU and harddrive wrong, updated them so al data is correct now)
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 9:49:16 AM

Your CPU isn't so weak but if u wanna go a FX-6300/6350 is good.

And another exactly same 4GB memory to pair.

Your HDD is slow so get a new 7200rpm HDD or get a SSD instead.

Your gfx is obsolete now. If u wanna keep your PSU, HD 7790 and GTX 650 ti boost is the best shot;

If u wanna upgrade your PSU and gfx:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi/benchmarks/

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $196.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:44 EDT-0400)

or
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO/benchmarks/

Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $237.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:46 EDT-0400)

In the full upgrade bundle:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $435.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:48 EDT-0400)

Just for reference, what's your thought?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 9:53:46 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($203.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $388.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 13:03 EDT-0400)


Get this
A 7870XT OUTPERFORMS A GTX 760

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-XT-vs-GeForce-GT...
Share
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 9:57:37 AM

Smallbeans said:
hello there,

I want to upgrade my current pc for about 400$. i do alot of gaming ;
this is what i currently have:
MSI 760GM-p33
4 gigs ddr3 1333mhz
AMD Phenom 2 x4 840 (3.2Ghz)
Radeon HD5770 1gb HIS edition
500GB 5400rpm harddisk
and a 450w power supply


any advice would be helpful :D 
~Smallbeans


what ever you do , dont waste on harddisk and nonsense , even if slow harddisk does not effect game play

GET GTX 760 FIRST then the rest :) 

you wont have any bottleneck your CPU is ok and fast.
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 10:14:03 AM

Maxime506 said:
Your CPU isn't so weak but if u wanna go a FX-6300/6350 is good.

And another exactly same 4GB memory to pair.

Your HDD is slow so get a new 7200rpm HDD or get a SSD instead.

Your gfx is obsolete now. If u wanna keep your PSU, HD 7790 and GTX 650 ti boost is the best shot;

If u wanna upgrade your PSU and gfx:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mJFi/benchmarks/

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $196.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:44 EDT-0400)

or
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovkO/benchmarks/

Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $237.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:46 EDT-0400)

In the full upgrade bundle:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ovn2/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $435.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 12:48 EDT-0400)

Just for reference, what's your thought?


Sn1992 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($203.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $388.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 13:03 EDT-0400)


Get this
A 7870XT OUTPERFORMS A GTX 760

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-XT-vs-GeForce-GT...


I like the full upgrade solution you gave. i just found out that my psu is an 600w silenzio , so the Corsair CX 600W shouldnt be nessesary?
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 10:15:37 AM

Sn1992 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($203.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $388.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-05 13:03 EDT-0400)


Get this
A 7870XT OUTPERFORMS A GTX 760

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-XT-vs-GeForce-GT...


thanks for the suggestion, i like the idea of an 7870XT with new mobo and cpu
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 10:19:21 AM

Yeah its the best
U will boost ur performance to max



Dont frget to close the post
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 10:48:37 AM

Oops...could u give us the exact model number of your silenzio PSU? I've just found out that one of the silenzio PSU has only one PCI-E 6pin conductor, meaning it's not suitable for HD 7850 or greater.

Sn1992 is right, better upgrade your mobo too, it's more suitable for FX-6300
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 10:58:34 AM

Maxime506 said:
Oops...could u give us the exact model number of your silenzio PSU? I've just found out that one of the silenzio PSU has only one PCI-E 6pin conductor, meaning it's not suitable for HD 7850 or greater.

Sn1992 is right, better upgrade your mobo too, it's more suitable for FX-6300


Its an LPK16-600W
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2013 11:32:35 AM

No problem in that it will power 7870xt by using two molex to 8pin connector



Dont frget to close the post
m
0
l
!