Solved

1st time overclocking my i5 3570k

Im using a ASrock z77 extreme 4 mobo
and all iv done so far is set to all cores to 4.4 im using cpuz, core temp and prime 95(blend) its been running for an hour and my max temp has been 64c is there anything else i need to change or test for? I dont know much about the offset mode so i havnt messed with it at all.. thanx
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1st time overclocking 3570k
  1. Thats a pretty good temperature. What is your voltage at?
  2. Immaculate said:
    Thats a pretty good temperature. What is your voltage at?


    where do i find this at?

    my core voltage in cpuz is 1.064
  3. Should be in the BIOS somewhere. How did you change the multipliers?
  4. Immaculate said:
    Should be in the BIOS somewhere. How did you change the multipliers?


    I did it in the bios the only thing i changed was all cores to 4.4 i didnt change voltages or anything else
    my core voltage in cpuz changes the highest its went up to is 1.088V
  5. Looks like you have it set to auto, so it will just scale down to that voltage. when not being taxed.
  6. thequn said:
    Looks like you have it set to auto, so it will just scale down to that voltage. when not being taxed.


    is it good to keep like it is or should i change somthing, again this is my 1st time ovcing
  7. Best answer
    i am not going tell you to do this you need to read a guide so you understand what your doing. (No office) but yes that how you would normaly overclock. , you will need to start over from scratch most likly if you do.
  8. thequn said:
    i am not going tell you to do this you need to read a guide so you understand what your doing. (No office) but yes that how you would normaly overclock. , you will need to start over from scratch most likly if you do.


    k thanx
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking ASrock Intel i5