Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please help System Startup stuttering

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
August 5, 2013 7:21:06 PM

hello,
So i just built my new PC abut a week ago and i notice a small PC stutter when opening some software like CPUID HWMonitor.but i thought its was some old drivers.But after a couple of days it started to stutter/Freeze on start up and at Shutdown too.Also im not sure if its connected but when is was playing BF3 my computer started to stutter and then my GPU driver Crashed. I'm not sure what to do.and if it helps ill put my PC specs in.

CPU:fx-8350
MOBO:Asus Sabertooth 990 FX Gen3
Ram:CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
GPU:gtx670
SDD:SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB

a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 5, 2013 8:12:08 PM

What actual set of DRAM, have a feeling the MC voltage may be low, so let me know the DRAM model # and preferably your system voltages (DRAM, CPU, CPU NB, etc
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 8:30:08 PM

Tradesman1 said:
What actual set of DRAM, have a feeling the MC voltage may be low, so let me know the DRAM model # and preferably your system voltages (DRAM, CPU, CPU NB, etc


OK this is the ram I have.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and im not sure what you mean buy system voltage (DRAM, CPU, CPU NB, etc) but my CPU core voltage is 1.260V but it drops down to 1.06V but if that's not what your asking about ill try to get the right information for you. and thank you for the help.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 5, 2013 8:33:46 PM

Okay, let's start with trying the sticks at 1600, base timings all manually entered at 8-8-8--24, 2t or 2N, and DRAM voltage at 1.55, and look for CPU/NB, or CPU NB VDD (maybe VID) voltage and set it to 1.2 and give that a try
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 8:36:23 PM

Hey i think i know what the problem is i had this and it was a pain. Try replacing the thermal paste on the cpu and gpu it worked for me :)  hope it works for you
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 9:01:43 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Okay, let's start with trying the sticks at 1600, base timings all manually entered at 8-8-8--24, 2t or 2N, and DRAM voltage at 1.55, and look for CPU/NB, or CPU NB VDD (maybe VID) voltage and set it to 1.2 and give that a try

Ok so i set my Dram to 1600 but the timings was stuck on auto and i couldn't set it to manually, but i was able to set it to 2t. Also the Dram V was stuck on auto to.
idk if i should take pictures so you could help me more sorry Im new to this.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 5, 2013 9:08:13 PM

Sure that would help ;) 
m
0
l
August 5, 2013 9:11:47 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Sure that would help ;) 


OK what should i do now
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 5, 2013 9:15:05 PM

If you have the pics, think most pop them on a free image hosting site and either download from their or provide a link to them
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 5, 2013 10:07:34 PM

CPU/NB manual voltage to 1.25 and try
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 12:49:00 AM

Tradesman1 said:
CPU/NB manual voltage to 1.25 and try

OK i found out how to change the ram timing at 8-8-8--24, 2t , and DRAM voltage at 1.55, and CPU/NB to 1.2V but its stuttering.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 10:18:43 AM

Tradesman1 said:
CPU/NB manual voltage to 1.25 and try

I also tried to update the BIOS but that didn't help.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 2:03:16 PM

Tradesman1 said:
CPU/NB manual voltage to 1.25 and try

So im not sure what to do now.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 6, 2013 2:21:19 PM

Might try timings at 9-9-9-24
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 2:26:00 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Might try timings at 9-9-9-24


that's the timing at auto.do you think its an OS issue?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 6, 2013 2:36:43 PM

May have a weaker MC than the norm, could try 1333 with the tighter 8-8-8 timings, when you get to 4 sticks, it gets iffy with the the 8350, with it going to 4 sticks 1600 is a maybe, 1333 a should be, see their freq guide here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ddr3memoryfr...
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 2:56:15 PM

Tradesman1 said:
May have a weaker MC than the norm, could try 1333 with the tighter 8-8-8 timings, when you get to 4 sticks, it gets iffy with the the 8350, with it going to 4 sticks 1600 is a maybe, 1333 a should be, see their freq guide here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ddr3memoryfr...

Ok so i just tried the 1333 with the 8-8-8-24 still getting the stuttering do you think i need to return the CPU?and try a new one or is it the MOBO or ram because there still under warranty.

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 6, 2013 3:13:35 PM

I'd check the CPU and socket next, might have a bit of dust or some thermal in there, also check closely for bent/broken pins.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 3:32:51 PM

Tradesman1 said:
I'd check the CPU and socket next, might have a bit of dust or some thermal in there, also check closely for bent/broken pins.

Ok so you want me to check the CPU socket for any dust or Thermal in the socket.is there away to save the thermal paste on my h100i.

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 6, 2013 3:52:16 PM

Should be replaced, could try but wouldn't recommend it, was hoping to avoid getting here
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 11:06:02 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Should be replaced, could try but wouldn't recommend it, was hoping to avoid getting here


I'm not sure if this means anything but I ran my Pc in safe mode and it stop stuttering.Also do you think the stuttering is hurting my PC
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 7, 2013 12:14:59 AM

If OK in safe mode, it may be due to a driver or a program that loads during startup
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 12:19:50 PM

Tradesman1 said:
If OK in safe mode, it may be due to a driver or a program that loads during startup

OK cool how do i stop them from starting up on start up or get rid of them.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 1:27:15 PM

Tradesman1 said:
If OK in safe mode, it may be due to a driver or a program that loads during startup


Also do you think it could be a GPU issue?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 7, 2013 2:53:30 PM

To check startup programs, there's a handy little utility program called WinPatrol, it's free and some nice features, but for here there a feature that lets you look at the system start up programs and allows you to disable them and then later if needed reenable them... many will say just go ino MSCONFIG and take them out, but if it's something you later find you NEED, you may have to reinstall the whole program - with WinPatrol you can disable one or two at a time and narrow down what is causing the problem.... and if you do an Oooppps and disable something that's needed you can go into safe mode, open WinPatrol and reenable and all is good again
Share
August 9, 2013 12:17:01 AM

Tradesman1 said:
To check startup programs, there's a handy little utility program called WinPatrol, it's free and some nice features, but for here there a feature that lets you look at the system start up programs and allows you to disable them and then later if needed reenable them... many will say just go ino MSCONFIG and take them out, but if it's something you later find you NEED, you may have to reinstall the whole program - with WinPatrol you can disable one or two at a time and narrow down what is causing the problem.... and if you do an Oooppps and disable something that's needed you can go into safe mode, open WinPatrol and reenable and all is good again

Thank you so much for the help.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 287 À AMD
August 9, 2013 8:12:31 AM

No problem, C U around ;) 
m
0
l
!