Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What CPU cooler is the best for me?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 6, 2013 9:47:37 AM

So i need a cpu cooler because i don't like the stock one.
I have a 4770k on a Asus Z87-Plus motherboard and i need a cooler that doesn't go over the ram slots i have two corsair dominator memorioes.

More about : cpu cooler

a c 81 K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
August 6, 2013 10:01:38 AM

Are you overclocking? What's your budget? What do you want this cooler to achieve that the stock cooler cannot?
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 10:05:58 AM

corsair hydro h80i
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 à CPUs
August 6, 2013 10:10:17 AM

TickTackFoe said:
i need a cooler that doesn't go over the ram slots i have two corsair dominator memorioes.


almost all of tower cooling will consume your first and second ram slots if you're using high profile ram..

so you'll need something small on your cpu socket, but powerfull enough to sinking the heat from your processor..

Close loop cooler like h100i will the best answer for your needs.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 10:32:11 AM

Quaddro said:
TickTackFoe said:
i need a cooler that doesn't go over the ram slots i have two corsair dominator memorioes.


almost all of tower cooling will consume your first and second ram slots if you're using high profile ram..

so you'll need something small on your cpu socket, but powerfull enough to sinking the heat from your processor..

Close loop cooler like h100i will the best answer for your needs.

I prefer an air cooler
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a c 89 à CPUs
August 6, 2013 10:39:46 AM

Might give this one a try, though the colors are a little off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If there is interference you can leave off the one fan, or buy a low profile fans.

Or a more neutral look.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 à CPUs
August 6, 2013 11:03:28 AM

TickTackFoe said:
I prefer an air cooler


Well, you may use thermalright archon..
This heatsink designed for user with high profile ram..
So you can fill whole of your memory slots..
And this HSF is (very) good performer too..



@Eximo
i've using frio original and vegeance, and this frio cover 2 memory slots
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 89 à CPUs
August 6, 2013 11:12:35 AM

Picture is from an LGA1366 board I would guess, not really a suitable comparison.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 à CPUs
August 6, 2013 11:45:33 AM

Eximo said:
Picture is from an LGA1366 board I would guess, not really a suitable comparison.


Yeah..so..?
Any better ideas..? (with link, please.. :D  )

taken from http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2013/04/03/the...

"Thanks to the slimline profile of the heatsink, the width of the cooler with both fans attached is less than 110mm, meaning it won't block out any RAM slots and leaves users free to use memory modules of any height, which is something many high-end coolers cannot lay claim to."
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 3:27:24 PM

I am going to buy the Thermaltake Frio.
m
0
l
!