Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Monitor choosing help needed.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 6, 2013 12:18:34 PM

I saw these 2 monitor for relatively good prices and im wondering which one to get?

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/46573/dbdnt/Asus...

http://cdon.fi/kotielektroniikka/fujitsu_p23t-6_thor_ed...

Both stores are in finnish but you can copy paste the monitor name from the link, all basic info is found if you scroll down a little tho.

The Asus one seems to have 2ms, better contrast and brightness, but are all those worth 50€ more or will the thor one work just as well?

The thor edition is 50% off too so i'd believe it to be a good monitor if its base price is around 250-300€?

I have a MSI GTX 660 TFOC atm as GPU.

Atm i have some old LG Flatron W2040, it works well enough still but its already 3 years old so dont wanna be trusting it for too long and these sales arent so often >_< (and it could work as a secondary screen too)
August 6, 2013 12:24:05 PM

Elronor said:
I saw these 2 monitor for relatively good prices and im wondering which one to get?

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/46573/dbdnt/Asus...

http://cdon.fi/kotielektroniikka/fujitsu_p23t-6_thor_ed...

Both stores are in finnish but you can copy paste the monitor name from the link, all basic info is found if you scroll down a little tho.

The Asus one seems to have 2ms, better contrast and brightness, but are all those worth 50€ more or will the thor one work just as well?

The thor edition is 50% off too so i'd believe it to be a good monitor if its base price is around 250-300€?

I have a MSI GTX 660 TFOC atm as GPU.

Atm i have some old LG Flatron W2040, it works well enough still but its already 3 years old so dont wanna be trusting it for too long and these sales arent so often >_< (and it could work as a secondary screen too)


I have a 22" Asus, and I absolutely love mine. They may be the same series, but I can't tell you. IPS is nice, but honestly, not worth the money. As general advice, I have a lot of experience with monitors: Response time, feel of the screen, gaming on it console vs PC etc. Asus is one of the best I've played on yet. Only brands I'd buy: Asus, HQ Acers, Viewsonics Samsungs.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
August 6, 2013 12:29:50 PM

About response time, contrast and brightness:

Response time: You won't notice the difference, the 2ms response time isn't noticeable in most situations.
Contrast: Manufacturers often make unreasonable claims in regards to contrast, since different methods of measuring contrast produce very different results. As a rule of thumb, don't listen to what the contrast rating says, but instead look at the type of panel the display has (TN, IPS, VA etc.) and be sure to read reviews.
Brightness: More isn't necessarily better! A lot of displays run at brightness levels that are much, much too high, and a calibrated display will never run at a high brightness.

I would recommend the fujitsu monitor. It has an IPS panel which is very much superior to the other one's panel and will therefore produce more vibrant and accurate colors, regardless of what the contrast rating on it and the other one says. You won't notice a difference in response time and more brightness doesn't improve a monitor, so everything points towards that one as being the one to buy.
Share
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 6, 2013 12:32:55 PM

haynesr07 said:
Elronor said:
I saw these 2 monitor for relatively good prices and im wondering which one to get?

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/46573/dbdnt/Asus...

http://cdon.fi/kotielektroniikka/fujitsu_p23t-6_thor_ed...

Both stores are in finnish but you can copy paste the monitor name from the link, all basic info is found if you scroll down a little tho.

The Asus one seems to have 2ms, better contrast and brightness, but are all those worth 50€ more or will the thor one work just as well?

The thor edition is 50% off too so i'd believe it to be a good monitor if its base price is around 250-300€?

I have a MSI GTX 660 TFOC atm as GPU.

Atm i have some old LG Flatron W2040, it works well enough still but its already 3 years old so dont wanna be trusting it for too long and these sales arent so often >_< (and it could work as a secondary screen too)


I have a 22" Asus, and I absolutely love mine. They may be the same series, but I can't tell you. IPS is nice, but honestly, not worth the money. As general advice, I have a lot of experience with monitors: Response time, feel of the screen, gaming on it console vs PC etc. Asus is one of the best I've played on yet. Only brands I'd buy: Asus, HQ Acers, Viewsonics Samsungs.


Not worth it?!?! :p  I have a dell u2713hm, and next to an Asus VH238h it makes the Asus look washed out without being overly saturated. For response time/ feel for gaming, 120hz is said to be better, but if two monitors are both 60hz and one is IPS, the IPS one is the way to go! :D  Especially when it's cheaper. :p 

About brands: What about HP/ NEC and so on? They also make really good monitors! :D 
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 12:38:34 PM

totoally forgot, i couldnt find the HZ rates of either the monitors, what are they?

Some interesting opinions here, is the MS time absolutely not noticable? Just got the idea of switching screen ''FINALLY'' becouse the gameplay looks stuttering and when playing F1 2012 it sometimes looks kinda laggy/ticky with the high speeds and the fast paced turns---Tought the MS would help on that.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
August 6, 2013 12:46:09 PM

Elronor said:
totoally forgot, i couldnt find the HZ rates of either the monitors, what are they?

Some interesting opinions here, is the MS time absolutely not noticable? Just got the idea of switching screen ''FINALLY'' becouse the gameplay looks stuttering and when playing F1 2012 it sometimes looks kinda laggy/ticky with the high speeds and the fast paced turns---Tought the MS would help on that.


The response time has nothing to do with that. That's either the monitor's refresh rate or slight choppiness from your graphics card.

In some cases, the response time might be slightly noticeable but it shouldn't really be a problem, since most modern monitors have decent real-world response times.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 12:48:07 PM

Okays, well ill probably be going with the Thor edition considering its from the same store i'd be ordering my other parts too, unless someone comes bring more opinions lol.
m
0
l
!