Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

will an i5 760 2.8 bottleneck my gigabyte gtx 780 oc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 6, 2013 4:03:56 PM

i got a new gtx 780 and im getting low frame rates in unigine heaven bench marks around 50 frames, and alot of stuttering in metro last light and crysis 3.
should i upgrade my processor to a haswell 3.5?
i tried oc my processor but it overheating without a heatsink.
August 6, 2013 5:00:13 PM

Omar Darhous said:
i got a new gtx 780 and im getting low frame rates in unigine heaven bench marks around 50 frames, and alot of stuttering in metro last light and crysis 3.
should i upgrade my processor to a haswell 3.5?
i tried oc my processor but it overheating without a heatsink.


Honestly I would OC, just get this cooler and OC it to 4.0, the 760s are really easy to OC. The recent generations do not have much of an upgrade. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... What is your motherboard?
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 5:20:26 PM

so do u think that my current processor is bottlenecking my gpu?
i have an asus asus P7P55D-E LX
m
0
l
Related resources
August 6, 2013 5:38:57 PM

Omar Darhous said:
so do u think that my current processor is bottlenecking my gpu?
i have an asus asus P7P55D-E LX


Yes, I would overclock.
m
0
l
August 6, 2013 5:54:24 PM

should i get the Noctua NH-C14?
i think its better
m
0
l

Best solution

August 6, 2013 6:02:16 PM

Omar Darhous said:
should i get the Noctua NH-C14?
i think its better


The C-14 is better. Save up for the Haswell setup after you get the C14.
Share
!