700$ gaming laptop?

gnaxer

Honorable
May 10, 2013
hi.

i have 600-700 dollars and i need a laptop that can be used for gaming. i have bin looking at a few different ones but i really don't know what to look for in a laptop.

so i was hoping that some nice people on here would have some recommendations for me in that price range.

sorry for the non perfect english :D

Solution
The two priorities when buying a laptop are these: A good CPU and a good GPU. The reason for this is because everything else can be upgraded at a later stage. You can upgrade RAM, Hard Drive and screen at a later stage on most laptops. However, with almost all laptops, you cannot upgrade the CPU or GPU at a later stage so when buying a laptop, keep in mind that the CPU and GPU you get, you keep. Opt for at least a 2.67 GHZ CPU if you can, I prefer Intel but it isn't that important. Also, DO NOT buy a laptop with Intel HD graphics as the primary GPU. It works fine for flash games but that is it. Look for an nVidia or AMD GPU with at least 1GB of video RAM. Even if the rest of the system sucks, get these two things and you are good to go.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
The two priorities when buying a laptop are these: A good CPU and a good GPU. The reason for this is because everything else can be upgraded at a later stage. You can upgrade RAM, Hard Drive and screen at a later stage on most laptops. However, with almost all laptops, you cannot upgrade the CPU or GPU at a later stage so when buying a laptop, keep in mind that the CPU and GPU you get, you keep. Opt for at least a 2.67 GHZ CPU if you can, I prefer Intel but it isn't that important. Also, DO NOT buy a laptop with Intel HD graphics as the primary GPU. It works fine for flash games but that is it. Look for an nVidia or AMD GPU with at least 1GB of video RAM. Even if the rest of the system sucks, get these two things and you are good to go.

Solution