Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this CPU temperature normal?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 7, 2013 2:49:57 AM

I've heard that the max temperature should be 72.72C
Mine is from 75-to 85, is this normal? My computer is ASUS K50IN notebook :) 

Here are the temp of my CPU, i used RealTemp program :) 

http://www10.pic-upload.de/07.08.13/vm8i5gpthkip.png

More about : cpu temperature normal

a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 2:52:26 AM

That is not normal, that's very hot for a CPU. I suggest you buy a CPU cooler like the Cooler Master 212 EVO, they're not expensive, and they're very useful. First, check if it can fit in your case.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 2:53:42 AM

Oh wait, sorry I'm drunk, I thought you were talking about a desktop, I'm sorry. Um it still is high, you should get a laptop cooler. They're around 50$ for 17in ones. 40$ for 15, and even less.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 7, 2013 2:59:02 AM

David Lugarov said:
Oh wait, sorry I'm drunk, I thought you were talking about a desktop, I'm sorry. Um it still is high, you should get a laptop cooler. They're around 50$ for 17in ones. 40$ for 15, and even less.


So i cant change my cpu on laptop? Btw how those laptop coolers look?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 2:59:12 AM

is the machine rather old? it may need cleaning , also make sure you use it on a smooth flat surface or when on your lap keep the vents clear.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 3:01:44 AM

mauller07 said:
is the machine rather old? it may need cleaning , also make sure you use it on a smooth flat surface or when on your lap keep the vents clear.


My lap is on clean table, how should i clean my laptop from inside? Its like 3~ years old
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:04:42 AM

i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:04:57 AM

Open up the screws in the back, pop off the case, and clean the fan from its dust. The laptops coolers are just a little pad with a couple fans powered by USB. They make a big difference, but first, clean the dust from you laptop.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 3:08:37 AM

mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


How should i reach my lap cpu? And what is vent?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:09:18 AM

mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


It's a laptop not a desktop, reapply the paste, the OP probably will apply it wrong making it all worse, just clean the dust off the fan, and make sure your vents are always open, and then get one of those notebook coolers.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 3:15:36 AM

David Lugarov said:
mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


It's a laptop not a desktop, reapply the paste, the OP probably will apply it wrong making it all worse, just clean the dust off the fan, and make sure your vents are always open, and then get one of those notebook coolers.


What are those "vents" ? Btw i know how to apply thermal paste, just apply little P form paste on mid on the cpu and spread/push with some plastic
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:16:41 AM

GVlDAS said:
mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


How should i reach my lap cpu? And what is vent?


Don't do that, it's too risky and unless you can do it properly it'll only be worse.
Just get a notebook cooler, here is an example: http://www.xoticpc.com/full-size-aluminum-notebook-cool...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:22:51 AM

vents as in the gaps in the sides of your laptop where the air flows. if you do take it apart to redo the thermal paste, if you start unscrewing and and start to not feel confident in doing it then just dont and screw parts back together and get a cooling pad.

also if you do re apply thermal paste just apply a rice grain to the centre and dont spread it, let the pressure of the heatsink when you put it back on spread it.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 3:23:13 AM

David Lugarov said:
GVlDAS said:
mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


How should i reach my lap cpu? And what is vent?


Don't do that, it's too risky and unless you can do it properly it'll only be worse.
Just get a notebook cooler, here is an example: http://www.xoticpc.com/full-size-aluminum-notebook-cool...


Why it is risky? If i will clean the inside of my laptop, then i should clean the cpu?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 3:26:09 AM

GVlDAS said:
David Lugarov said:
GVlDAS said:
mauller07 said:
i tend to stick a vacuum cleaner on the vents.

only other thing would be to take it apart and re apply thermalpaste to the cpu.


How should i reach my lap cpu? And what is vent?


Don't do that, it's too risky and unless you can do it properly it'll only be worse.
Just get a notebook cooler, here is an example: http://www.xoticpc.com/full-size-aluminum-notebook-cool...


Why it is risky? If i will clean the inside of my laptop, then i should clean the cpu?


If you don't apply the thermal paste right, all you could do is make it run even hotter, and if you do take it apart and don't put the heatsink back on properly, again, you could make it run hotter. Just clean the fan from the dust, and get the cooling pad, it's the safe solution.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 4:25:35 AM

mauller07 said:
vents as in the gaps in the sides of your laptop where the air flows. if you do take it apart to redo the thermal paste, if you start unscrewing and and start to not feel confident in doing it then just dont and screw parts back together and get a cooling pad.

also if you do re apply thermal paste just apply a rice grain to the centre and dont spread it, let the pressure of the heatsink when you put it back on spread it.


At first i should remove the old paste? With what should i do that? And what paste should i get? Is there any tutorial on how to apply thermal paste correctly? Because i found one when u put P letter in center and push with some plastic
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 7:10:23 AM

mauller07 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4 basically the first method on this video.


So i dont need to push with plastic? Just leave the P form paste in the middle and let the cpu cooler do the rest? And how should i remove the old paste?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 7:15:06 AM

yes just leave the thermal compound in the middle and place the heatsink down on top (video was just a demonstration of how paste spreads), if your cpu does not have a heatspreader like this http://bcchardware.com/gallery/albums/RV630XT/RV630XT_G... then place a smaller amount onto the center.

use isopropyl alcohol to clean the old paste.
m
0
l
August 7, 2013 7:23:49 AM

mauller07 said:
yes just leave the thermal compound in the middle and place the heatsink down on top (video was just a demonstration of how paste spreads), if your cpu does not have a heatspreader like this http://bcchardware.com/gallery/albums/RV630XT/RV630XT_G... then place a smaller amount onto the center.

use isopropyl alcohol to clean the old paste.


Isopropyl alcohol? Where should i get this? Does it work with alcohol "spirit"? I dont know how does it call in english, but here it is:
http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritas
edit: i think its "methylated spirits" i dont know
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 7, 2013 7:27:44 AM

aslong as its alcohol i think that should work on, just make sure you put it on a cloth and not too much, mostly wipe the old paste off first, put some alcohol on the cloth and only touch the cloth where the thermal paste was.
Share
August 7, 2013 7:55:05 AM

mauller07 said:
aslong as its alcohol i think that should work on, just make sure you put it on a cloth and not too much, mostly wipe the old paste off first, put some alcohol on the cloth and only touch the cloth where the thermal paste was.


okay thank you
m
0
l
!