~$1400 Build ideas an help

DigitalCam0

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Okay so this my first build, I've got about a budget of around $1400.
These are the things I've picked so far:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
GPU: MSI TF GTX 770 2Gb
RAM: G.Skill-NT 8GB Kit(4Gx2) 

I am going to do recording, streaming video editing, etc.
I'll probably delve into OC'ing but I'm still quite clueless about it,
with the new system its something I will eventually be doing.

Now what should I do for a Case, PSU and HSF

Any help appreciated
Thanks,

Solution
Instead of a G45 get a GD65 motherboard, for the case, you can get a Cooler Master HAF X or HAF 932 Advance, both are really cool cases, and they will keep your components cool. As for the PSU, get a Corsair HX750, 80+ Gold, this is a great power supply and gives a lot of headroom for overclocking. Hard drive, you should get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB or 2TB depending on which one suits you better, and finally, a decent aftermarket cooler for the CPU like the 212 EVO or the Noctua D12 or D14 depending on how much money you have left. Anything else you need help with?

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Instead of a G45 get a GD65 motherboard, for the case, you can get a Cooler Master HAF X or HAF 932 Advance, both are really cool cases, and they will keep your components cool. As for the PSU, get a Corsair HX750, 80+ Gold, this is a great power supply and gives a lot of headroom for overclocking. Hard drive, you should get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB or 2TB depending on which one suits you better, and finally, a decent aftermarket cooler for the CPU like the 212 EVO or the Noctua D12 or D14 depending on how much money you have left. Anything else you need help with?

Solution

DigitalCam0

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Okay ill upgrade the MOBO and probably go with that PSU. Now both the cases are a pit too pricey for me but will the HAF XM still be able to fit everything if i were to use the 212 EVO?

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

I'll check for you, if they're too pricey, you can try and get a NZXT Phantom, on Pcpartpicker there's the white version for 80$ which is cheap considering that it's a full tower case.