Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

building a gaming pc future proof low budget, HELP !!!!!

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 8, 2013 1:21:09 AM

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard
Memory: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

i was thinking in this rig too but I am skeptical about AMD :

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard : MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

any suggestion will be appreciated thanks ...
a b V Motherboard
August 8, 2013 2:20:23 AM

alejo88 said:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard
Memory: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

i was thinking in this rig too but I am skeptical about AMD :

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard : MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

any suggestion will be appreciated thanks ...


What is your budget?
The intel build definitly looks good, but on a budget i would forget the low end SSD, and get a 1TB HDD insted.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 9:52:24 PM

Kurifox said:
alejo88 said:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard
Memory: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

i was thinking in this rig too but I am skeptical about AMD :

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard : MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V

any suggestion will be appreciated thanks ...


What is your budget?
The intel build definitly looks good, but on a budget i would forget the low end SSD, and get a 1TB HDD insted.


i got a budget around 500 to 600 i picked the ssd because i already have a 500 gb seagate
m
0
l
Related resources
August 8, 2013 10:09:28 PM

this should be really good for 1080p gaming for the foreseeable future :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek LOKI SD963 52.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($24.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($184.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $637.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 01:05 EDT-0400)

(these prices don't include mail in rebates)
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 10:18:10 PM

Rafeed Iqbal said:
this should be really good for 1080p gaming for the foreseeable future :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek LOKI SD963 52.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($24.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($184.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $637.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 01:05 EDT-0400)

(these prices don't include mail in rebates)


so should i go with AMD ??? its better than intel ???
m
0
l

Best solution

August 8, 2013 10:40:29 PM

alejo88 said:
Rafeed Iqbal said:
this should be really good for 1080p gaming for the foreseeable future :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek LOKI SD963 52.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($24.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($184.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $637.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 01:05 EDT-0400)

(these prices don't include mail in rebates)


so should i go with AMD ??? its better than intel ???

well actually no it isn't most of the time but IMO if your starting at the low end amd is better. here are the pros for amd :

1) cheap, easily overclockable cpus
2)MoBos are cheap but get you high end features like Over clocking and USB3 and whatnot.
3)next gen console cpus are amd based so next gen ports might be optimized for AMD

pros for intel :

1) quad core cpus are somewhat faster than amd cpus.

there are other pros for intel but i can't think of any for the low end segment.

but really its up to you to decide:

do you want future upgradability and overclockability (amd) or faster current performance(intel) ?

Share
August 9, 2013 12:17:48 PM

Another vote for AMD. They're definitely better for lower budgets.
m
0
l
!