Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this build run Next-Gen games at Max/Ultra settings?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 8, 2013 2:36:09 AM

Currently I am planning a build for a new gaming rig, but have kept asking myself if what I have is adequate for what I want it to do. I would like to know if my system would be able to (theoretically) run Battlefield 4 or say GTA 5 at max settings once they are released. Specs are below, thank you in advance for your help. Also how did I do on picking parts for a sub-$1000 rig. (I know it shows $916 but I am ordering from Newegg and it comes to about $960)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.12 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($264.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $916.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-08 05:32 EDT-0400)
August 8, 2013 2:45:14 AM

Opera7or said:
Currently I am planning a build for a new gaming rig, but have kept asking myself if what I have is adequate for what I want it to do. I would like to know if my system would be able to (theoretically) run Battlefield 4 or say GTA 5 at max settings once they are released. Specs are below, thank you in advance for your help. Also how did I do on picking parts for a sub-$1000 rig. (I know it shows $916 but I am ordering from Newegg and it comes to about $960)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ptxe/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.12 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($264.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($2.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $916.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-08 05:32 EDT-0400)


The gtx760 is a beast, and even on a mid range cpu like the FX6 it should max out most games for a long time. Have fun :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

August 8, 2013 2:47:47 AM

you should go for the FX-8320 at least !! it's way better for next gen games !! 8 cores will do well with next gen games i guess !

Nice Graphics card Choice , It's Awesome for gaming !

FX-8320 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8320+Eig... for $159

FX-6100 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6100+Six... for $119

is it worth the extra 40 dollars ?? you decide :)  ..

and yes , you'll be able to play GTA 5 ( if they released PC version ) and Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings with Good FPS .
Share
Related resources
August 8, 2013 4:03:37 AM

KareemGT said:
you should go for the FX-8320 at least !! it's way better for next gen games !! 8 cores will do well with next gen games i guess !

Nice Graphics card Choice , It's Awesome for gaming !

FX-8320 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8320+Eig... for $159

FX-6100 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6100+Six... for $119

is it worth the extra 40 dollars ?? you decide :)  ..

and yes , you'll be able to play GTA 5 ( if they released PC version ) and Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings with Good FPS .


Thanks for the advice, turns out I can fit the FX-8320 in my budget. Can't wait till I get my new build, and hopefully in the future I can SLI two 760s and just have a beast.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 2:27:06 PM

Opera7or said:
KareemGT said:
you should go for the FX-8320 at least !! it's way better for next gen games !! 8 cores will do well with next gen games i guess !

Nice Graphics card Choice , It's Awesome for gaming !

FX-8320 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8320+Eig... for $159

FX-6100 : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6100+Six... for $119

is it worth the extra 40 dollars ?? you decide :)  ..

and yes , you'll be able to play GTA 5 ( if they released PC version ) and Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings with Good FPS .


Thanks for the advice, turns out I can fit the FX-8320 in my budget. Can't wait till I get my new build, and hopefully in the future I can SLI two 760s and just have a beast.


ya , it's a good idea !! Good luck Buddy :) 
m
0
l
!