Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

please help nobody solved this need networking guru

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 8, 2013 1:37:50 PM


i have a 4mbps download and the problem is the games are running 1000+ ping. my sister uses a tablet and it laggs it just like other laptop or pcs connected wirelessly and my laptop is connected with a cable she only watches videos, doesnt download anything just like i am but i am playing games... this is happening since the day i got internet, whats the problem? this is my internet speed result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2889209984
whats the problem???

More about : solved networking guru

August 8, 2013 1:44:04 PM

AMDRadeonHD said:

i have a 4mbps download and the problem is the games are running 1000+ ping. my sister uses a tablet and it laggs it just like other laptop or pcs connected wirelessly and my laptop is connected with a cable she only watches videos, doesnt download anything just like i am but i am playing games... this is happening since the day i got internet, whats the problem? this is my internet speed result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2889209984
whats the problem???


Your upload speed is horrifically slow. What does your ISP claim your speeds should be?
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 1:53:28 PM

Disregarding the game thing...when your sister is online doing her thing, how is the connection speed and ping to Speedtest?

And another consideration is...where are you and where is the game server?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 8, 2013 1:58:30 PM

USAFRet said:
Disregarding the game thing...when your sister is online doing her thing, how is the connection speed and ping to Speedtest?

And another consideration is...where are you and where is the game server?


1. 4mbps down 0.5mbps up 7ms ping
2. german server (it really doesn't matter, becaue it's 1000+ ping on every server)
and i tested the german speedtest server and it says 60ms ping but in game servers 1000+ ping and the videos on youtube buffer without a problem!
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 2:03:48 PM

AMDRadeonHD said:
USAFRet said:
Disregarding the game thing...when your sister is online doing her thing, how is the connection speed and ping to Speedtest?

And another consideration is...where are you and where is the game server?


1. 4mbps down 0.5mbps up 7ms ping
2. german server (it really doesn't matter, becaue it's 1000+ ping on every server)
and i tested the german speedtest server and it says 60ms ping but in game servers 1000+ ping and the videos on youtube buffer without a problem!


Well...if going to a german Speedtest site shows 60ms, and a german gameserver shows 1000+ms...then you have a different problem.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 2:32:56 PM

What is the game? Are their servers a issue and is it the same for different games. Does your ISP run tragic shaping (priority of one type of internet traffic over others) and if so what TCP/UDP ports? Does your game have multiple servers you can log on to. If so try I different one and is it the same issue?
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 2:35:47 PM

Beachnative said:
AMDRadeonHD said:

i have a 4mbps download and the problem is the games are running 1000+ ping. my sister uses a tablet and it laggs it just like other laptop or pcs connected wirelessly and my laptop is connected with a cable she only watches videos, doesnt download anything just like i am but i am playing games... this is happening since the day i got internet, whats the problem? this is my internet speed result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2889209984
whats the problem???


Your upload speed is horrifically slow. What does your ISP claim your speeds should be?


hollett said:
What is the game? Are their servers a issue and is it the same for different games. Does your ISP run tragic shaping (priority of one type of internet traffic over others) and if so what TCP/UDP ports? Does your game have multiple servers you can log on to. If so try I different one and is it the same issue?

every game has 1000+ ping every server has 1000+ ping and i dont know what are those ports and tragic shaping
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 2:36:33 PM

and the problem goes away but rarely because my sister is 24/7 on internet only watching videos on a tablet wirelessly
m
0
l
!