Solved

Which would be the best graphics card b/w 150-200$ range?

I don't care about overclocking for now
Also, if it is appropriate to ask about a good motherboard and a case for this.
I'm trying to set-up a custom desktop

Thanks (:

Update:

Thank you Skillman, Karrem & Nikoli for replying so early
I checked both of the cards and they were breath-taking, in both specs and Cost.
I can't afford that much for now, something below 200$ will do for now.

I'm from India and both of these cards cost more than 25,000INR where I want cards less than 20K

Thanks again


Nevermind the previous update. I was checking the wrong site.
I'll buy 7870 as per the better reviews.
Thank you everyone :D
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card 150 200 range
  1. Best answer
    I personally like the 7870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025
    The MoBo and case don't really matter. Just make sure the MoBo has a PCI-Express slot in it (almost every modern MoBo does) and that the case supports cards at least 9.5 inches in length (once again, most mid tower ATX cases do)
  2. what is your budget for the desktop ?

    the best Card under 200 is the HD 7870 !

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-ax79503gbd52dhv4 Get this one if you can order it from this site !

    the HD 7950 is better option but you can't go wrong with the HD 7870 Too !!
  3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-737&Tpk=N82E16814127737

    $179 for a 7950 is by far going to be the best bang for buck your going to find at your price point and any price point for that matter.
  4. nikoli707 said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-737&Tpk=N82E16814127737

    $179 for a 7950 is by far going to be the best bang for buck your going to find at your price point and any price point for that matter.


    7950 is a nice card but if you read the reviews on it, people say it is the cheapest 7950 on the market and it doesn't work very well compared to the others.
  5. skilledman101-1362426 said:
    nikoli707 said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-737&Tpk=N82E16814127737

    $179 for a 7950 is by far going to be the best bang for buck your going to find at your price point and any price point for that matter.


    7950 is a nice card but if you read the reviews on it, people say it is the cheapest 7950 on the market and it doesn't work very well compared to the others.


    well , thanks for telling me buddy :) . do you mean the Powercolor version ?
  6. skilledman101-1362426 said:
    I personally like the 7870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025
    The MoBo and case don't really matter. Just make sure the MoBo has a PCI-Express slot in it (almost every modern MoBo does) and that the case supports cards at least 9.5 inches in length (once again, most mid tower ATX cases do)


    Which one out of these?
    http://www.flipkart.com/asus-amd-ati-hd-7850-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdamakcyhrxxxy?pid=GRCDAMAKFZNV6SYB&icmpid=reco_pp_personalhistoryFooter_graphics_card_5

    OR

    http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7850-hdmi-oc-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdc2rahtkncpzp?pid=GRCDC2QTHGMGEGH6&icmpid=reco_pp_personalhistoryFooter_graphics_card_1
  7. TheBuyer said:
    skilledman101-1362426 said:
    I personally like the 7870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025
    The MoBo and case don't really matter. Just make sure the MoBo has a PCI-Express slot in it (almost every modern MoBo does) and that the case supports cards at least 9.5 inches in length (once again, most mid tower ATX cases do)


    Which one out of these?
    http://www.flipkart.com/asus-amd-ati-hd-7850-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdamakcyhrxxxy?pid=GRCDAMAKFZNV6SYB&icmpid=reco_pp_personalhistoryFooter_graphics_card_5

    OR

    http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7850-hdmi-oc-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdc2rahtkncpzp?pid=GRCDC2QTHGMGEGH6&icmpid=reco_pp_personalhistoryFooter_graphics_card_1



    First** one ( Asus ) , but it's HD 7850 ! are you sure you want to go for an HD 7850 ? it's weaker than the HD 7870 !
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cases Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics