Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Question about PNY GTX 680. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 8, 2013 9:02:13 PM

Can you put a back plate and a water cooling block on a PNY 680? This one to be specific (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...).

If you can put a back plate on it to hide the blue pcb, and a water block on it for better cooling, could you please provide a link of the back plate and water block that is compatible? Thank you very much!!!

More about : question pny gtx 680

a b Î Nvidia
a c 114 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 9:10:32 PM

That card seems to have just a standard reference board so any backplate or water block for the reference 680 will work.

I know EVGA has a backplate that will fit.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 9:12:27 PM

nukemaster said:
That card seems to have just a standard reference board so any backplate or water block for the reference 680 will work.

I know EVGA has a backplate that will fit.


Thank's. I know it does look reference, but I would hate to buy a water block and back plate and then not have them fit because it's from PNY. Do you know if there's any way to 100% verify this? Thank you.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 431 Î Nvidia
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 9:13:50 PM

That should have a black PCB, unless you're sitting there right now looking at a blue one. The only backplate I ever heard of that you could buy separately is from EVGA. They have one for their FTW card, but I'm not sure it fits that reference PNY.
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=M021-00-00...

You know PNY has a lifetime warranty, but I assume you would void it after you modified the card that way.
m
0
l
a c 431 Î Nvidia
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 9:15:03 PM

100% verified, your PNY GTX 680 is a pure reference model.
m
3
l
August 8, 2013 9:15:36 PM

17seconds said:
That should have a black PCB, unless you're sitting there right now looking at a blue one. The only backplate I ever heard of that you could buy separately is from EVGA. They have one for their FTW card, but I'm not sure it fits that reference PNY.
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=M021-00-00...

You know PNY has a lifetime warranty, but I assume you would void it after you modified the card that way.


It's the card that he has on his post: (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1758963/wtt-pny-gt...) If you would mind taking a look at it and getting back to me and tell me what you think, ty!
m
0
l
a c 431 Î Nvidia
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 9:17:33 PM

Looks a little bluish.

And definitely doesn't have a transferable lifetime warranty.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 9:18:29 PM

17seconds said:
Looks a little bluish.


Thank's for confirming. I'm going to use the backplate and waterblock that inzone recommended.
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 9:20:56 PM

inzone said:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

As long as the PNY card that you have is the reference design card these parts will fit. You can also go to the EKWB web site and use their configurator where it allows you to put in the Brand and model card that you have to make sure that it matches up.


Thank's the card I'm talking about is here (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1758963/wtt-pny-gt...). The link is (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...). I'm going to use the block and backplte you posted. Thnx!
m
0
l
August 8, 2013 9:26:26 PM

inzone said:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

As long as the PNY card that you have is the reference design card these parts will fit. You can also go to the EKWB web site and use their configurator where it allows you to put in the Brand and model card that you have to make sure that it matches up.


Quick question, on the the cooling configurater, the 2 GB card is (GF680GTX2GEPB) the card that he said from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) is (VCGGTX680XPB-S). Is it not compatible?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 431 Î Nvidia
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 9:33:27 PM

GMPoisoN said:
inzone said:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

As long as the PNY card that you have is the reference design card these parts will fit. You can also go to the EKWB web site and use their configurator where it allows you to put in the Brand and model card that you have to make sure that it matches up.


Quick question, on the the cooling configurater, the 2 GB card is (GF680GTX2GEPB) the card that he said from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) is (VCGGTX680XPB-S). Is it not compatible?

To me it looks like the cooling configurator is identifying a reference GTX 680, so it should work. The listing for the PNY on Newegg is just their model number.
Share
August 8, 2013 9:35:16 PM

17seconds said:
GMPoisoN said:
inzone said:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

As long as the PNY card that you have is the reference design card these parts will fit. You can also go to the EKWB web site and use their configurator where it allows you to put in the Brand and model card that you have to make sure that it matches up.


Quick question, on the the cooling configurater, the 2 GB card is (GF680GTX2GEPB) the card that he said from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) is (VCGGTX680XPB-S). Is it not compatible?

To me it looks like the cooling configurator is identifying a reference GTX 680, so it should work. The listing for the PNY on Newegg is just their model number.


Thank's. I'm going to trust you on this one and make the trade so I can water cool it and put a back plate on it :p 
Only part I find weird is that on the configurater it has a black pcb, not blue like on newegg, any reasoning for that?
m
0
l
a c 431 Î Nvidia
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 10:52:46 PM

I haven't checked it, but the configurator is likely not showing a PNY card???
m
0
l
!